100 pounds to lose and need help staying motivated

Options
I am a 32 year old mother of 2 that has let her weight get outta control I need to lose 100 pounds and could use the support to stay motivated.

Replies

• jaliving
    jaliving Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    The sun is coming. The days are getting longer. Yea, Spring is the perfect time for new beginnings, new starts, and a new you!
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    No offense, but if being 100lb overweight isn't enough motivation to lose weight, I don't know what is.

ETA: And before I get branded a "meanie", weighing 232lbs and not being able to walk up my 3 front porch steps without getting winded was all the motivation that was necessary for me.
  • Siggy808er
    Siggy808er Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Ive seen it... And im living it... You got this *kitten* jamie!!!! And mr calliope... She said motivation.... Its not hard to get 100 lbs overweight.... I dont think you know her problems... You can do it lady!!!!!!
  • Calliope610
    Options
    Siggy808er wrote: »
    Ive seen it... And im living it... You got this *kitten* jamie!!!! And mr calliope... She said motivation.... Its not hard to get 100 lbs overweight.... I dont think you know her problems... You can do it lady!!!!!!

And you do??? Do tell please.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Agree with Calliope. OP motivation is soemthing that really comes from you and not other people. The person doing the diet is yourself. Other people can support you, but your reasons for losing the weight should be obvious imo your kids would be 2 very big reasons that should motivate you . The health risks of being overweight can be serious, they are what motivated me. If you dont want to die early or dont want to be at significantly higher risk of various serious diseases and conditions, then losing weight is a good way to solve this. make the connection and then do soemthing about it. Weight loss is relatively straightforward, but you will need to commit and do what is needed to be at a consistent calorific defict.

Read this thread and get the basics right. once you get succcess and see its possible it builds up momentum so things become easier.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

• jporter194
    jporter194 Posts: 2
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Jamie, I have tried to stay motivated my entire life regarding weight...here is the deal, stop worrying about it, that helps tons, be yourself, get your mind off food and deal with your problems you might not be dealing with, enjoy your kids, meal time is just meal time, keep busy and also remember that weight loss begins in the MIND first and then once you conquer that, the weight will fall off. The key for me is I had to ask myself that if I am waking up every morning with the first thing I thought about was food, then something was not right. So I started dealing with why I wanted food so much and then I didn't wake up one morning thinking about food. You have to find what works for you! I quit doing all diets, and did what I know helps me lose in a healthy way. I couldn't do this website even until my mind got straight, cause doing something like this made me panic. Remove stress from your life in increments and food will become second hand. Hope that helps.
  • jporter194
    jporter194 Posts: 2
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Also, I have a friend who was about 150 pounds overweight, she just started swimming with the elderly class at the YMCA, doing their workouts. She weighted 300 pounds and is now a size 4.
  • Siggy808er
    Options
    Nah.. I dont know either.. im not here to bang with anyone... She needs motivation... I need motivation... PerhAps i misinterpreted your statement... It came off as a knock down to me..
  • stormybleu2140
    stormybleu2140 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    you are not alone, I'm in the same boat. just don't give up, and set little goals
  • Calliope610
    Options
    Nah.. I dont know either.. im not here to bang with anyone... She needs motivation... I need motivation... PerhAps i misinterpreted your statement... It came off as a knock down to me..

What Tigger and I are trying to impart is that "motivation" - the reason or reasons one has for acting or behaving in a particular way - are individual and internal in nature. I can't give the OP or anyone the reason(s) that are compelling enough to cause a change in behavior. Those compelling reasons MUST come from the individual. What motivates me may not motivate you, or vice versa. To be successful in any endeavor, the individual must be able to find their own motivation. Now, you may find inspiration in others, but motivation must come from the individual.
  • Siggy808er
    Options

What Tigger and I are trying to impart is that "motivation" - the reason or reasons one has for acting or behaving in a particular way - are individual and internal in nature. I can't give the OP or anyone the reason(s) that are compelling enough to cause a change in behavior. Those compelling reasons MUST come from the individual. What motivates me may not motivate you, or vice versa. To be successful in any endeavor, the individual must be able to find their own motivation. Now, you may find inspiration in others, but motivation must come from the individual.

Correct!
  • MeganMT9
    MeganMT9 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm right where you are. Bad habits are hard to change, but it can be done. I have 100 lbs to lose. I lost 90 once before, then my lifestyle changed again, bad habits resurfaced with the stress of having 3 kids in 5 years. I'm 34 years old and I plan on making the changes again now. I don't even recognize myself when I look in the mirror. Let's see where we are a year from now.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    No offense, but if being 100lb overweight isn't enough motivation to lose weight, I don't know what is.

ETA: And before I get branded a "meanie", weighing 232lbs and not being able to walk up my 3 front porch steps without getting winded was all the motivation that was necessary for me.

This. This. This.

You need to want this more than anything.

The want to has to come from you.
  • flab2fab760
    flab2fab760 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Calliope, I think it's clear what your intentions are but your original post did not come off that way, you made a statement about how "if 100lbs overweight wasn't enough motivation, you don't know what is"...then you added in what motivated you...well you first sentence did come off as a dig.

You then had to explain yourself because others saw it as such...perhaps communicating the clear intention might resolve misinterpretation!
  • flab2fab760
    flab2fab760 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Jamie!!

You can do this!!! Just remember that it is a marathon not a sprint!! Meaning miracles won't happen over night so don't get discouraged!!!

If you embrace every pound lost as a step into the right direction, then you will come through this with flying colors, AND, it will happen sooner than you think!

The key is to not give up!!! You have a huge community/family here that will be here to lift you up!

HAPPY TRANSFORMATION!!
  • KETOGENICGURL
    KETOGENICGURL Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    There are 2 groups to join..one is 100+ pounds with no surgery and another is 50+ pounds to lose JUST SEARCH for these groups and join many who're active already.

For many 'morbidly obese' by the charts with metabolic disease based on carb intolerance and sugar will find a group The Low Carber Daily and 2 "Keto" groups discuss diets that eliminate these, to find better satiety and quicker weight loss.

good luck..so many thousands of posts come in daily this one will be lost soon..so find a group.
  • nickmonaco79
    nickmonaco79 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat!!! I have 3 kids, need to lose 100Ibs. Its going to take a lot of work, but we can do it!!! I see people everday in my job, diabetic foot ulcers and so many issues with their health and often related to their weight and life choices. I do NOT want to end up with those problems!!! Need to get healthy and strong. Let's keep each other motivated.
  • kittyzoso
    kittyzoso Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Good luck!
  • doly_dot
    doly_dot Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am a 32 year old mother of 2 that has let her weight get outta control I need to lose 100 pounds and could use the support to stay motivated.
    kittyzoso wrote: »
    Good luck!
    Good luck!

• doly_dot
    doly_dot Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good luck!