April Challenge- Lose 5-10 pounds

Options

Replies

• kerridactyl
    kerridactyl Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Sure, I'm in! I've been averaging 10 pounds a month for the last three months. I'd like to continue that streak, and every ounce of motivation helps! :)
  • Dee51979
    Dee51979 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I would love to lose 7lbs this month. That would put me at 40 lbs lost :blush:
  • trykline
    trykline Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am in! I have lost 30 pounds since my third baby was born 6 months ago, but now I am at a standstill. Looking to lose 8 pounds this month!
  • dorriewiz
    Options
    I want to lose 10 lbs so I'm in!
  • eveparm
    eveparm Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'll join aiming to lose 8 - 10lbs in April to get to a total of 22lbs (24lbs) lost. Please add me.
  • jsmit101
    jsmit101 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • christapalasty5
    Options
    I'm in! 10lbs starting April 5th!
  • jaxson2231
    jaxson2231 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am in ( just a little late) :) feel free to add me as a friend for anyone looking for support. I know i could use some
  • kmyrs
    kmyrs Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I need some help, I have no idea how I could lose 5 pounds in a month, can anyone help me?

Well, there's tons of information out there as to the best way to lose weight. A simple formula has always worked for me - eat less and move more. You have to expend more calories than you burn. You burn calories just by being alive and then you burn calories through movement. As long as you use more calories than you consume, you create a calorie deficit. Simplistically, 3500 negative calories equals a pound lost. To lose 5 pounds you have to create a deficit of 17,500 calories over time. It sounds like a big number but you can shave off calories with a combination of less food and more exercise. That's why logging in everything you eat and how much you move on MFP is good tool to monitor if you're in a deficit, neutral, or surplus for the day. Of course, many schools of thought focus on monitoring macro nutrients (carbs, fat, protein) and I understand the metabolic pathways and why certain macros (carbs) inhibit weight loss or promote weight loss. But, for me, good old fashioned calorie counting always works. I AM conscious of carb consumption but when you're eating less anyway, carbs are automatically reduced. Sorry for the novel, I'm hoping to give you a place to start. Good luck!
  • capriqueen
    capriqueen Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody! I will be challenging myself to lose a minimum of 5 pounds next month. Who will want to join me?
    Hey count me in! I'm targeting 8 pounds.That will put me at 160 pounds and closer to normal BMI.
  • jemiller13
    jemiller13 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • CoryBIsMe
    CoryBIsMe Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody! I will be challenging myself to lose a minimum of 5 pounds next month. Who will want to join me?

Me! I'm aiming for 8 pounds. That will get me down to 184 and hopefully down a pants size. I have some pants in the closet I hope to fit into by the end of April.

This. I'm in!
  • Jgosselin123
    Options
    I'm up for this challenge :smile:
  • prettyoddx
    prettyoddx Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Hopefully I can lose atleast that much :)
  • jacqueline0821
    jacqueline0821 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I'm in! My goal is 5 pounds.
  • Danixkm
    Danixkm Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Am I too late to join the party?
  • reynaaza
    reynaaza Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Good luck to everyone! Add me! I lost 10lbs in the Month of March! Aiming for the same this month! That will put me down to my pre-pregnancy weight and I'm aiming to fit into my jeans again!
  • smariba
    smariba Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I've gained 20lbs since November. So April will be my starting over month. I'm in!
  • olga_28
    olga_28 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    IM IN!!! .....I gain 33lbs with my pregnancy and I'm 12 weeks pp I lost 28lbs ...my goal 1st to be at pre pregnancy...then loose another 5.....And so on my goal weight its to be 140lbs ....going to do the 3 day diet and start again insanity
  • polkadont
    polkadont Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Please!! I'm trying to lose the last stubborn 8 lbs!!