Kettlebell Training, begginer

Options
Want to start on this. Anyone have good results? Advice? Stay at home mom needing to lose 30 plus pounds!!!!!

Replies

• 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,867 Member
    Options
    They certainly get to all the muscles. Youtube is a good place to start for free exercises. Take a look at Fitness Blender. They do lots of exercises for kettlebells
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    What and how much you eat determines fat loss. When you select exercises, you should have other fitness goals in mind (strength, endurance, mobility, balance, agility, speed, etc.). But, yes, kettle bells can be quite effective at a few of these.

• FabiLous5
    FabiLous5 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I have changed my eating habits by a lot. I started little bit of treadmill but wanted more of a variety.
  • SweatLikeDog
    SweatLikeDog Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Kettlebells have a learning curve. Lots of exercises and programs for different goals. Check out instructional videos. Google Andrea DuCane for starters.
  • KBjimAZ
    KBjimAZ Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Check out Strong Like A Mother (SLAM) from Lauren Brooks.
  • telekendall
    telekendall Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels has a great video called "shredding with weights" or something similar. I just started using it this week and I feel ALL the muscles working I didn't know I had lol.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,552 Member
    Options
    Please don't use JM for kettlebells! Her form is terrible
  • cosmichvoyager
    cosmichvoyager Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Kettlebells are awesome but you do need to have good form. Key is engaging your core and glutes and be conscious not to overextend your arms when you do swings.
  • queenb4495
    Options
    ^^^what cosmic said. Not everything on YouTube is good reference. I've seen terrible forms. I love kettlebell. It works more than one muscle group. I also like body resistant workout. But, I think the key is consistency so find an exercise routine YOU enjoy
  • beachhouse758
    beachhouse758 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    There's a good book by Lauren Brooks called Kettlebell for women that has great breakdowns of the most common moves with pictures and detailed descriptions.
    I also do Zuzka Light Zcut Kettlebell Series and it is one of my favorite workouts ever. Zuzka has a a YouTube channel and I think you can preview some of the kettlebell workouts there.
    Also, please buy a real kettlebell and not those big, plastic, sand filled mock-kettlebells they sell at Ross etc... Because they are a waste of money and you will end up not using them and buying the standard ones anyway - trust me :(
  • FabiLous5
    FabiLous5 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your input and reccomendations ☺