Calorie Shifting

Options
I have read a few other posts about this and it doesn't seem many people have tried it. Has anyone tried calorie shifting? I used this website to calculate my caloric needs:

http://www.ehow.com/how_4452835_shifting-plan-lose-weight-real.html

(I am not promoting this website, only that I used it to calculate my needs and it explains the math quite well.) After completing the math, I should be eating 2041 calories per day (shifted of course to be more or less according to my shift). This seems relatively crazy to me... it seems like a lot of calories, and I haven't lost weight when I use less calories... Have you tried it? Tell me about your experience / opinions with calorie shifting.

Thanks for any insight.

Replies

• tlmeyn
    tlmeyn Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I am asking the same :)
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    CICO folks.

Eat less calories than you burn and you will lose weight.. It will also be repeated CICO..

Eat at your deficit and log your nutrition and exercise accurately and honestly, weigh your food and stay diligent and committed to your goals to lose weight..
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    So step 1, BMR plus BMR(less a percent based on activity level) step 2 decide how to 'shift' 2 up, 2 down, OR 1 up, 1 down. Change each week, then on day 11 cheat. If you 'over' cheat. . . . .what happens?

step 3 choose the right foods. Right foods = fat burning ability of foods.

step 4 metabolism reset.

Interesting. I'd like to see how people do on this. Could be something akin to eating at a deficit, IF, cheating on IF and deficit, starting over, and resetting the reset.
  • isulo_kura
    isulo_kura Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    'keeping your body guessing' is just nonsense . However if like IF it works with your lifestyle and you are eating enough calories over the week I see no problems but like all methods it just relies on you being in an overall calorie deficit to lose weight it's no miracle way to lose weight. It seems rather over complicated to me
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I am 18/6 IF. Works great.

Nope, not keeping my body guessing or anything that uses to much over thinking about food/ carlories / exercise and for heavans sake math... eeeewwww.

I am back to CICO..
  • GlennS18T
    GlennS18T Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    gia07 wrote: »
    I am 18/6 IF. Works great.

Nope, not keeping my body guessing or anything that uses to much over thinking about food/ carlories / exercise and for heavans sake math... eeeewwww.

I am back to CICO..

This^
    Im doing 16/8 however. Just suits my needs better.
  • MERRYMONKEY512
    MERRYMONKEY512 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Is this just the whole "zig zag" thing renamed?
  • mummyzena
    mummyzena Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    So a bit like juddd and 5:2 which works on a weekly deficit rather than a daily one.
    I do the juddd version and my daily average is around 1300.
    People don't try it because like every other way of losing weight it doesn't suit everyone's lifestyle.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Is this just the whole "zig zag" thing renamed?

Yep, that's what it looks like to me. My eyes kinda glazed over when the i saw the math that was involved :noway: