Motivation

Options
I really struggle to keep motivated. I lost a stone last year and felt great. However, I piled the pounds back on over winter and Christmas. I now cannot seem to get over the motivation hurdle and restart a fitness programme. I'll exercise a cold of times a week and then I struggle to do any. I need some good motivation tips!! :'(

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Try making small changes and setting small goals, rather than one big goal and completely changing your life overnight. Exercising a couple a times a week is a good beginning. Just that and staying within your calorie goal is a great place to start.
  • marbonmaikha
    Options
    Thanks for you reply. I probably am trying to change to much overnight
  • mausbop
    mausbop Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I agree, small changes are the best. Set little goals, go for them ;)
    Come here, read other people's posts, stories, pictures, share your thoughts and victories, even the small small ones.
    If they did it, we can do it too, we can all do it!
  • belbridgman
    belbridgman Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm really struggling with the last 5 to 6kgs and need some motivation! !
  • SeriouslySta
    SeriouslySta Posts: 458 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Set small goals, strategize how to meet them (really think it through!) - then reward yourself when you do.

I tend to do things like a new pair of socks or hair ties or something for exercise goals - Something I can use next time I go work out.

For weight loss (which, for me, is really all about tracking intake), I might do a clothing accessory or nail polish or something - Throughout the day, that flash of color (caught in a reflective surface or when I look down), or swing of earrings or whatever, helps remind me of my success and that I can do this!

Totally works if you're going out to dinner and want to stick with your plan.
  • marbonmaikha
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice. I've had a positive weekend so far, despite it being Easter, I have not touched any chocolate, it does help that my 2 year old does not like to share his Easter eggs
  • R_Queenie
    R_Queenie Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options
    I am part of a challenge group that focuses on just this thing....3 Things Challenge - you choose the 3 things you want to focus on for the month and track your progress daily. It's great to see what changes other people can make - developing habits or avoiding temptations.

Will send you an invite and if anyone else is interested, just send me a message and I will be happy to get you an invite as well! Good luck!
  • efrensgirl2015
    efrensgirl2015 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    You might want to check out the post entitled "THE MYTH OF MOTIVATION (AND WHAT YOU NEED INSTEAD)" on this forum....warning...it's really raw and very direct but he's right on the money. Sometimes a good swift kick in the pants is just what we need.....hope it helps.