Can you ever have a flat stomach again after a C-Section?

Anyone had any success? If so what exercises did you do, what did you eat, and was there anything you avoided completely?

It's been nearly 4 years since I had an emergency c-section with my son and the little belly is STILL there. I'm not 'big' by any means, but I just can't seem to shift it.

Any advice, exercise/diet tips welcome! And feel free to add me too, the more motivation the better!

Oh, and happy Easter to you all! :)

Replies

• kindrabbit
    kindrabbit Posts: 837 Member
    Ah, the old matrons apron! 10 years post c section but I'm only now getting close to loosing weight. In my case I'm pretty sure I'm going to be left with excess skin. I invested in some good underwear and tuck it in!
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    After my first c-section, nothing was visible at all a few months after delivery. It got noticeable after the second, worse after the 3d. Even at a very low weight (for a while I was actually below healthy weight) and with exercising regulalry, there is just some skin there that has lost its ability to get tight again.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    edited April 2015
    Google "c-section to 6 pack".

For instance, I found this:
    10499091_1421735928138660_1713734495_n.jpg
    Source: http://www.viewgram.com.br/user/tildawn
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Yes it's a matter of losing excess fat and gaining muscle through progressive weight training

I still have a small pooch (2 sections and 52lbs down) but overall it's flat

I'm not aspiring to be as ripped as that, I'm happy with the way I'm looking now tbh
  • misstmarie______xo
    misstmarie______xo Posts: 14 Member
    Thanks for your replies!

I'm not really interested in being ripped and having a six pack haha, I still want to look womanly, but I will definitely have a look and try to gather some tips. :)

I do own weights but they're only 3kg ones. Maybe I should look at getting some heavier ones?
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    I posted it mainly for inspiration and to prove it was possible. I mean, I read Richard Branson's biography. I don't expect to become as rich as him but a quarter of the way would suit me. ;)
  • misstmarie______xo
    misstmarie______xo Posts: 14 Member
    Haha, well it's definitely instilled some inspiration, much appreciated!
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    I suggest reading the thread at the top of this section titled "So you want a nice stomach."

I've had 2 csections and been obese (BMI over 40). I still have mine currently, but it is getting smaller as I lose fat. I will probably have some loose skin in that area after I'm done sadly because of the fact that I was obese.