suggestions on calorie burning tracking

Options
hello, i joined myfitnesspal at the beginning of the month, and i am honestly obsessed. i LOVE it. the only thing is i wish i could be more accurate about the calories i burn. some of my exercises are not in the database and i have no idea how to figure out the calories i burn while doing them. i pool serve at a tiki bar on the weekends and i literally run laps around a pool for 4-5 hours at a time, i also push a 25 pound baby in a stroller up windy hills. i am really thinking about buying a calorie burn tracker device but have no idea where to start in picking the right one. any info on this would be extremely helpful. i am using this as my birthday gift, so if its worth it, i dont mend spending a little bit of money. thanks for any feedback OR alternative suggestions

Replies

• codexavellum
    codexavellum Posts: 112
    Options
    Polar FT4 Heart-Rate Monitor is the only device you will need. A little expensive but well worth it
  • Nursebeachnut
    Options
    Polar all the way! I got mine on sale for less than $50. reg $99
  • Kanzaki3
    Kanzaki3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar FT7. It's amazing and I love it.
  • kuarta
    kuarta Posts: 65
    Options
    Yes, I too love the Polar FT7. No guess work. Happy birthday - make sure you get that present as it is well worth it.
  • Redneckgirl924
    Options
    I have the Polar FT 40 and absouletly love it. My co-workers call it the go-go gadget watch. It tells you everything you need to know including when I need to slow down or speed up. I love it.
  • registers
    registers Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    actually the bodybugg is best, kind of pricey, but it measures your calories through the entire day.
  • Rickh123456
    Rickh123456 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Agree - Polar FT40 is a great toy, er, tool!
  • titletown
    titletown Posts: 377 Member
    Options
  • ChristineM1953
    ChristineM1953 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4 Heart-Rate Monitor is the only device you will need. A little expensive but well worth it

Best money I ever spent. It does everything I need it to, and is very accurate! I got mine at Heart Rate Monitors USA - they are always having a sale. Done't waaste money on cheaper HRMs - I have two that are junk. Spend the money and get a good one. Best of luck!
  • hairspray74
    hairspray74 Posts: 93
    Options
    love my bodybugg, brand new for $159, i got mine off ebay for $95 and it came with a 6 month subscription! I only take mine off to shower, swim, and tan, I counts your steps, and activity, I don't use the food program though, theirs sucks, I love mfp!!!
  • lexrobin2
    lexrobin2 Posts: 33
    Options
    thanks for all the help everyone! exactly what i needed, testimonals from real people. i was getting overwhelmed just searching on the net. im going to check them all out.
  • lexrobin2
    lexrobin2 Posts: 33
    Options
    so i just ordered the polar ft4. super stoked to get it! thanks again everyone
    :flowerforyou: