Is it possible to lose 2 lbs a week following calorie count and reach your goal when time ?

Options
virleach
virleach Posts: 20 Member
I have been doing 1200 calories for two weeks now and I have lost 10 lbs,so I am happy but I am curious to know if anyone has stuck with the calorie count and have you lost average two pounds a week since starting and how long have you been doing this,I still have 58 more lbs to lose

Replies

• bigd66218
    bigd66218 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    My goal weight loss is 60 pounds too!! My weight loss for 95 days is 35 pounds. If you stick to your calorie count, you should continue to lose the weight.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    You lose more at the bginning then it cna tail off for many people it depends what you are doing. Exercise adds another option and more flexibility.
  • LouiseHappy
    LouiseHappy Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I did that too for short period of time. But I personally believe it is not very healthy to restrict yourself to the very bare living maintenance. I switch back and forth between 1200 and 1450 calories, because my body just lets me know it is not getting enough fuel. That way I trick my body and avoid hitting a plateau as well. Weight has been coming off so far just fine. It is easy to get sick when limiting your basic bodily needs,so I try to listen to my body. For me personally it is a marathon, not a sprint, especially when my brain has enourmous amount of mental work to do being a student. Listen to your body, be firm with your goal, but do not punish your body. I hope my answer helps. :-)
  • Fizbi
    Fizbi Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    virleach wrote: »
    I have been doing 1200 calories for two weeks now and I have lost 10 lbs,so I am happy but I am curious to know if anyone has stuck with the calorie count and have you lost average two pounds a week since starting and how long have you been doing this,I still have 58 more lbs to lose

I just finished 9 days and only lost 4 pounds on 1200 cal per day. I started at 157 pounds. My good news is I've stopped YO-YOing up and down. I'm now slowly going down in one direction only. I plan to stick to my calorie count until I reach goal then slowly add calories to maintain. I want to get to 135 - 140 range and stay there.
  • sherrymaharaj
    Options
    I just started the 1200 calorie count a little over a week ago and have lost 3 lbs so far. I hope it continues! There have been some days that I went a little over the 1200 and noticed that I will gain a few ounces back :(
  • ntinkham88
    ntinkham88 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure but I feel like my weight comes off randomly. There will be a whole week with no weight loss then the next week it's like I'm losing a pound a day. Then I may gain a pound or two.. I dunno it's hard for me to say I want to lose X amount of weight in a week because I'm always going up and down.
  • iwlf
    iwlf Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Your daily weight will fluctuate normally, especially the ladies. There is another program called "Weight Commander" by Michael Marder that shows a graph of daily weights. Sometimes it goes up, but the overall trend should be down. Weight Commander will let you know when the trend reverses so you can address the problem. I find it quite helpful in conjunction with myfitnesspal.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,538 Member
    Options
    2lbs a week if you're well under 200lbs is aggressive weight loss and stalls happen much faster. A good rule of thumb is go for 1% of your body weight a week for weight loss.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Vixenmd1
    Vixenmd1 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Only ? That is 5 lbs a week ? Which can happen in the beginning but it is the high amount not slow at all.
    Fizbi wrote: »
    virleach wrote: »

I just finished 9 days and only lost 4 pounds on 1200 cal per day. I started at 157 pounds. My good news is I've stopped YO-YOing up and down. I'm now slowly going down in one direction only. I plan to stick to my calorie count until I reach goal then slowly add calories to maintain. I want to get to 135 - 140 range and stay there.

• virleach
    virleach Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    bigd66218 wrote: »
    My goal weight loss is 60 pounds too!! My weight loss for 95 days is 35 pounds. If you stick to your calorie count, you should continue to lose the weight.

That's sounds right to me,I have been sticking to my 1200 a day,I know weight will come off fast at beginning,I just want to continue to make sure I lose 2 lbs a week,that's why I was wondering if I stick to 1200 that I will lose weight each week
    :)
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    I started at 1200 and found it was not maintainable im now at 1520 and find it much better. Im still losing bout 1.5lbs a week so im happy with that. Do what u can stick with
  • lisele03
    lisele03 Posts: 133 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I had about 55 lbs to lose as well and, like you, lost 2+ lbs a week for the first month - then it slowed down considerably. It took me about 12 months to lose it all (averaging ~1 lb/ week) on 1200-1400 cals. per day. There will be weeks of very little weight loss and you should expect that over the long haul. Don't set your expectations too high and then get frustrated and bail when 2 lbs per week just doesn't happen. I like the 1% of body weight idea.... Seems realistic to me. Good luck...!
  • ladieofthebees
    ladieofthebees Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I have been on 1200 (+eating back 100-200 calories on exercise days) for about a month and a half, have lost an average of 2.65lbs a week (some weeks higher some weeks lower). Bear in mind though that I have a LOT of weight left to lose, I imagine this rate is not typical the further down you get in weight/closer you get to goal weight.
  • chrisssiex23x
    chrisssiex23x Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I stick to my deflict most of the time and have lost between 2-3lbs a week. I did stop from august to jan because i when on holiday and loss myself a bit lol But ive restarted mid feb and lost over 14lbs so far. This is the first week ive only loss 1lb. But remember if you have a cheat day and go over your intake you may not get 2lbs loss like me lol although my cheat day was friday and weigh in day is today i loss 1lb which to me is still great.

Set mini goal for yourself. or join challenge group. Just remember to workout more than you eat aswell. calories in vs calories out i swear by it. :) and never think of it as a diet, think of it more as a new way of life :)
  • chrisssiex23x
    chrisssiex23x Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    2lbs a week if you're well under 200lbs is aggressive weight loss and stalls happen much faster. A good rule of thumb is go for 1% of your body weight a week for weight loss.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

hey i know this off topic but how do you get your track below again ?
  • KellyLouiseGibson
    KellyLouiseGibson Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Yes its possible. I have lost 2 Stone 2 Pounds in 3 months so 30 Pounds in total. Im allowed 1480 calories as I go to the gym 5 days a week and work so hard.
    I plan on losing another 2 Stone 1 Pound before I go to Mexico in June and im 100% sure ill do it.
    Well done on your loss so far keep it up! X
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Weigh monthly at the same time each month and you will be even more motivated because you will see a bigger loss
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,658 Member
    Options
    I've lost two pounds a week, on average, for basically a year, even eating at maintenance from Thanksgiving to mid-January. That said, I started at a fairly high weight and I'm probably just a much larger person than you are.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!