Food Measuring/Counting Dilemma

Options
The way I've managed to count my food since starting to use this app was to make meals that were pieces of things for example weighed out rice portion, veg portion, etcc..
How do I go about weighing out meals that are a load of ingredients mixed together on bulk?

For example, I want to make some healthy flapjacks for snacks, How do I know how many calories are in one slice? - Would I find out how many calories the total tray of flapjack is then divide it by how many slices I make out of it?

This might sound dumb, but I could do with some advice!

Thank you for taking the time to read :)

Replies

• Talan79
    Talan79 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Yes, I would do that and make a custom meal. I've done it when making soup.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    You can enter recipes in to MFP, say how many serves the total recipe is, and it'll calculate the calories and macros per serve
  • sebenza512
    sebenza512 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I would add the recipe to the My Recipes section -- and be sure to be accurate about the number of servings your recipe makes. So if your recipe makes 4 flapjacks, and you eat 1/4 or one for a snack, you log .25 serving of your flapjack. I cook many meals from scratch -- and this is how I log them.
  • littlebee55
    littlebee55 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Yes. Add all your ingredients to the recipe builder, decide how many/how much your servings are and MFP does the rest. Name it, save it and it's there all the time.

When I have a meal with few ingredients that some of the ingredients change (like the type of bread in a sandwich,) I just add it to the Meals tab. Hope that helps.