Had enough!

Options
Searching for help in weight loss. It used to be fairly easy when I was younger. Over 55 now and every extra pound is STUCK and multiplying!! Looking for a simple way to measure calories in and calories out to help me loose some pounds.

Replies

• kbsangel1986
    kbsangel1986 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Measure and log everything. Its suprising how off an "eyeballed" portion can be
  • penthouseprincess
    penthouseprincess Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice.....I know my portions are out of control.....
  • rosaphene2
    rosaphene2 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You need to measure everything out and log it, like others have said it can be surprising just how off you can be when you just guess your portion.

For things like the milk in my coffee I tend to measure out 150ml of milk and pour into a bottle which I use throughout the day instead of measuring the milk each time I have a coffee

Also try to plan your meals in advance, so you already know how many calories you are going to be eating.

As for calories out, I gather you mean how many calories you have burnt from exercising, I tend to log whatever MFP says as a guide. I don't have a heart rate monitor but I have been told this is the best way to track how many calories you burn