who has a fit bit?

Options
I'm going to be getting a fit bit. I'm interested in personal opinions. Benefits ?
:)

Replies

• gsayler860
    gsayler860 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I got one today and my first impression is that it's very comfortable to wear. Not sure how well it works yet but I've heard good things.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
  • ever_Cina
    Options
    I got the Charge HR in black about two weeks ago and I love it. It counts my steps, calories burned, stairs, distance walked/ran, of course heart rate (I find it to be pretty accurate), quality of sleep, and it automatically picks up your workouts. It also tells you who is calling your phone (but not texts or anything like that). It integrates with MFP really well. It's comfortable too. No complaints at all.
  • L8kergirl
    L8kergirl Posts: 11
    Options
    It's my new fashion accessory and I love it. Love that is also syncs with MFP. Oh and I have the Fitbit Charge.
  • kesenior3
    kesenior3 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit charge hr and I love the thing!
  • GoPerfectHealth
    GoPerfectHealth Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Thumbs up all the way around.
  • markay616
    markay616 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If you have the money I highly recommend the fitbit surge!
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    I have a FitBit One. It's ok, but has some quirks. The "stair" function is off-- it calculates how many flights you've taken by sensing a change in pressure accompanied by the right type of movement. So, taking a walk on level ground when it's windy out (causing a change in the pressure) will make it count flights of stairs. Driving up a hill will make it count a flight of stairs, etc. There's no way to correct it.

As a pedometer it works great. Holds its charge for a week or longer. The app for it is also very quirky and crashes a lot.
  • ramonkerri06
    ramonkerri06 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have fitbit if anybody wants to add me for a work out buddy.
  • Sweet_Heresy
    Sweet_Heresy Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I just got the Flex yesterday. It syncs with MFP nicely...love it so far.
  • katydidit1974
    katydidit1974 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have the Flex and I love it but I don't understand the calories adjustment for Fitbit on MFP. I walked 3 miles and it gave me 88 calories according to Flex it would be 300? Any feedback appreciated
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I've had a flex for a couple of years now. I love it.
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Just got mine for my birthday have to figure it out yet. :)
  • RisiM
    RisiM Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I have a Charge, love the way it syncs with mfp, the silent alarm and phone alert are an added bonus
  • ILoveGingerNut
    ILoveGingerNut Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    For me the main benefit is that it tells me how many calories I burn for given day, helping me to eat at a deficit. You receive a weekly email with the record of calories in and calories out too. That's all what matters to me
  • dchris1968
    dchris1968 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    So I am actually looking at purchasing the Fitbit Surge (https://www.fitbit.com/surge#i.w26bjh13uldc6x). It looks like it could track a lot more information than just steps. Does anyone here have one of these? I just need to know if it is worth the money.
  • greenjdbn
    greenjdbn Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have the charge and love it! Looking for more friends on there to do daily and weekly challenges to help me do more. So if you do have one add me so we can compete.
  • PinkyPie77
    PinkyPie77 Posts: 40 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I have the charge too and love it! It realy motivates me!! Anyone who wants to add for the challenges, please do! It's 77allie@googlemail.com
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    I just got the Charge on Thursday and really like it so far.
  • morselw
    morselw Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I just bought the Charge HR in black (love the plum color but it's back ordered until June). I was looking into buying a heart rate monitor and decided to buy this one. I've only had it two days. It's very comfortable and keeps you accountable. I was surprised at which parts of my day I am not moving much. I teach first grade and feel busy all day-- but there are many times I'm not actually moving. By 8:00 last night I only had 6,400 steps. I ended up jogging in front of the TV at 11:00 determined to get to 10,000. It easily syncs with MFP. I also like the charts and graphs provided on the Fitbit website. The Charge HR calculates total calories burned for the day. It's nice to see the day's deficit. I would highly recommend getting one.