Looking for a fitness buddy!

Options
Hi my name is Caroline and I am looking for a fitness buddy! I have lost seven pounds so far but I mostly just want to focus on losing inches not weight. I've struggled with dissordered eating so this is really hard for me and I could really use the motivation! Go ahead and add me if you'd like to join in! :)

Replies

• Loumarberts
    Loumarberts Posts: 22 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Hi Caroline, my name is Marilyn. I am back to MFP after a long pause. I was having the worst time trying to eat right and exercise. My work and home schedules were not giving me any room. It got to the point that my body started to give me more unwanted pains and aches to the crazy painful leg cramps that sent me flopping about yelping for help. Finally one night I had both legs cramp, I thought my bones would break I was in tears fighting to breathe. That was the night I promised myself I was going to do what ever I had to change this madness.

I have a exercise program I made up, one set of exercises each; over five days, I do a thirty to forty-five minute workout. I am 58, so I am not looking for a "body" but to be strong, flexible, healthy and enjoy whatever comes to me in the future. I eat a Paleo diet, lots of veggies, some fruit, a few nuts and a good supply of meats. It has taught me to cook and prepare my meals again, thus I am eating healthy foods. No need to worry too much about the calorie intake, because whole foods are not loaded with carbs, fats, and chemicals that add fat to your body as processed ones are.

If you enjoy talking about your progress if you too have a program or fortunate enough to enjoy a gym, I would like to read your thoughts and experiences.