Food confusion

Options
I got a diet plan from a nutritionist and it conflicts with what the naturopathic doctor told me. The naturopathic doctor basically wanted me to cut out all flour and sugar and to eat whole milk dairy. It was not something I could achieve (at least the flour/sugar part). Now this nutritionist wants met to have 2 oz. of grain at each meal, and to eat fat-free and low-fat diary products. This seem like too much grain, and I do prefer the whole dairy. So much confusion out there - even the experts can't agree about what's health to eat. The journey begins.

Replies

• 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Well people here will say eat what you like and focus being at a consistent calorific deficit to lose weight. Thats a much simpler, sustainable and flexible approach. If you eat at a surplus on any of those diets you will put on weight, at a deficit and you will lose.
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    do u have some sort of grain allergy... otherwise i wonder why they would recommend this. well us here are all about eating what u like but in reasonable portions so welcome to the club
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Odd choice of experts.
    Would choose a dietician over a nutritionist and a Doctor over a naturopathic doctor.
  • fzermer
    fzermer Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Go with the naturopathic doctor's advice.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    Odd choice of experts.
    Would choose a dietician over a nutritionist and a Doctor over a naturopathic doctor.

xHFBocJ.gif
  • MayTehSporksBeWithYou
    Options
    2 things.

1. A "naturopathic doctor" is jargon for quack.

2. Depending on where you live, a nutritionist could be anything from someone who just wishes to call themselves that to someone who actually has a degree and is licensed. A better choice for advice would be a registered dietitian.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    fzermer wrote: »
    Go with the naturopathic doctor's advice.

PJvAzk1.gif