Any other moms out there who just had a baby?

Options
Looking to find support from others on a similar journey. Love my family and want to get healthier for them( and myself)

Replies

• hoosier23
    hoosier23 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have a 9 week old. I've been doing MFP for 2 weeks and it's going really well so far.
  • emwaltz
    emwaltz Posts: 12
    Options
    hoosier23 wrote: »
    I have a 9 week old. I've been doing MFP for 2 weeks and it's going really well so far.

That's awesome! And congrats=) What kind of fitness goals do you have? I'm looking to lose 15 more pounds.
  • hoosier23
    hoosier23 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'd like to lose 20 pounds. I'm down to about where I was before I got pregnant but I was overweight then. The hard thing is trying to exercise while the baby's sleeping, she always wakes up right when I start an exercise video :-)
  • ganzelly
    ganzelly Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Have an almost 6 week old and about ready to start tracking and hopefully exercising again (provided I am cleared at my dr appt this week and then can find the time when he's sleeping). I want to lose the last 10lbs and maybe a few more as I was 3-5lbs over where I wanted to be when I got pregnant. Feel free to add me!
  • emwaltz
    Options
    ganzelly wrote: »
    Have an almthese 6 week old and about ready to start tracking and hopefully exercising again (provided I am cleared at my dr appt this week and then can find the time when he's sleeping). I want to lose the last 10lbs and maybe a few more as I was 3-5lbs over where I wanted to be when I got pregnant. Feel free to add me!

I hope you are cleared at your next appointment and congrats on the little one! It has been difficult for me to lose these last few pounds for that reason. Babies seem to have a sensor on them for you need to work out! =)
  • iiasok6
    iiasok6 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I have 2 under 2. My youngest is 7 1/2 months old. I have been trying to lose the weight for a while and just can't seem to shake it off. I would like to lose 15-20 lbs to be at my pre both babies Weight. Although 8 would be thrilled with just 15 lbs. Looking for motivation and support. Glad to see I am not the only one on this journey.
  • kchezelle
    kchezelle Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I know a few moms that have lost a lot of their baby fat from simply changing their lifestyles. Ever considered eating low GI foods?
  • iiasok6
    Options
    I will definitely look into that. Any suggestions are welcomed. I work out a few Times a week and try to watch what I eat but it just doesn't seem to be doing the trick. I will look into the low GI foods.
  • ftrMrsC
    ftrMrsC Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I had my daughter in November and gained 40lbs! I'm on a journey to get back to my prepregnancy body! It's a struggle, I'm having a hard time making time for workouts
  • iiasok6
    Options
    I completely understand I have the same struggle. Sometimes I feel guilty for working out and not spending that time with my kids.
  • emwaltz
    Options
    Its hard to get workouts in, but its definitely worth it. If I cant run or go to the gym I just use resistance bands or light weights and even that seems to help
  • kuulmamma
    kuulmamma Posts: 19 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    This is my 3rd babe, he's 3 months old now. I'm down 5lbs in the past month, tracking and using Fitbit. (Send email and we can do challenges together with Fitbit)

I love my Fitbit! I carry babe in an Ergo for probably 6 hours a day. I've found I can use my stepper to get a good sweat going while he's sleeping in the carrier. ;-) When its nice outside I load my toddler in the stroller with babe in the Ergo and try to get 2 miles in at a brisk hard to breathe pace. I also found a "7 minute" workout app that I can do anytime and I get a light sweat going after 1 round. My older 2 kids are loving this app and have made sure I do it at least once a day this past week.

Add me here and/or Fitbit!
  • emwaltz
    Options
    kuulmamma wrote: »
    This is my 3rd babe, he's 3 months old now. I'm down 5lbs in the past month, tracking and using Fitbit. (Send email and we can do challenges together with Fitbit)

I love my Fitbit! I carry babe in an Ergo for probably 6 hours a day. I've found I can use my stepper to get a good sweat going while he's sleeping in the carrier. ;-) When its nice outside I load my toddler in the stroller with babe in the Ergo and try to get 2 miles in at a brisk hard to breathe pace. I also found a "7 minute" workout app that I can do anytime and I get a light sweat going after 1 round. My older 2 kids are loving this app and have made sure I do it at least once a day this past week.

Add me here and/or Fitbit!

Congrats on the new addition and losing 5lbs in a month. That's awesome! I've been contemplating getting a Fitbit, but they are pricey. That being said, it sounds like they are way worth the investment.