Hello

Options
I lost about 15lbs in the past year but i feel i need to lose a little more to be healthy. but I never get the right amount of calorie intake because im so busy. so I'm determined to get back on track. I have diabetes and if I don't start taking care of my self I will be in major trouble. I would love some friends to help push me along. It's summer and I want to wear a bikini and feel confident. Determination will help me there. Thanks for listening feel free to chat with me I'm friendly :)

Replies

• Kanzaki3
    Kanzaki3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Managing your diabetes must be hard. You'll get plenty of support here. I hope you reach your goal!
  • BerylLove
    BerylLove Posts: 3
    Options
    Thank you :D yes it is especially being how young i am and all the pressure that surrounds me. but I don't let it get me down. I can and will beat it :)
  • Kanzaki3
    Kanzaki3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    That's the spirit! Stay positive! I actually know a lot about diabetes. I'm in nursing school and we spent a good 3 weeks on diabetes. I probably will get it in the future though since my dad has it. Oh well.
  • hairspray74
    hairspray74 Posts: 93
    Options
    I'm no nurse but I have been living with type 1diabetes for 7 years (my 14 year old daughter was diagnosed 7 years ago this june, she has had an insulin pump for 5 years now)! some days I feel like a medical dictionary and somedays I feel like I don't know anything! are you type 1 or 2? you or anyone can add me!
  • BerylLove
    BerylLove Posts: 3
    Options
    I am type 1. insulin pump since I was 6 :)