Help please :)

Options
I'm having trouble even reaching 1200 calories BEFORE exercise... I'm a vegetarian, so I eat a ton of veggies and stuff. I eat when I'm hungry and eat until I'm full. But I don't want my body to think that I'm starving it. I still have energy and everything and I'm still losing weight, but I need help finding healthier foods to eat to help me reach my 1200 calories for the day. I'm only two pounds away from my goal weight, so I don't need to have too big of a deficit. Can anyone suggest anything? I'd like low fat and low sugar please (if possible). Thanks!

Replies

• momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Nuts. But if it was me, I'd choose chips or icecream!!:blushing:

Sorry, I guess nuts are low fat...but still good for you!
  • SeaShell33
    SeaShell33 Posts: 141
    Options
    try nuts =)
  • manny_bee
    manny_bee Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    peanuts or pistachios
  • sue26
    sue26 Posts: 412
    Options
    0% greek yoghurt with almond butter or peanut butter mixed in. Lots of protein too:smile:
  • crcoia
    crcoia Posts: 6
    Options
    I would love to see your food diary. :)
    How about peanut butter with apples or celery?
  • absie107
    absie107 Posts: 290
    Options
    Why low fat? Fat is good for you! Notice how all these people recommended nuts? Those are constructed with MUCH more fat than carbs or protein. Fat stops hunger and fat does NOT make you fat. Sugar makes you fat. Eat eggs with salsa on them... one of my favorite breakfasts ever! That with sauteed vegetables. I used to be a strict vegetarian... but I was having some issues with binge eating carbohydrate foods, though my morals say that eating meat that isn't raised properly is BAD for both the animals and environment.

I'd also recommend sauteeing vegetables in butter! :)
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    for a healthy treat (if i had the problem of having spare calories) i would choose a nice full fat greek yoghurt with honey, or with stewed apricots. it's got plenty of calories but is healthy, nutritious and fulfilling, and like a desert.

i hate all those pre-packaged no fat flavoured yoghurts and love a decent greek yoghurt with honey or fruit... mmmm

or nuts, or dried fruit, or fresh fruit.

i could eat an extra 500 calories a day just in fruit if I had calories to spare, i LOVE IT!!!

home made hommus and carrot sticks, it has calories, but healhty nutritious calories, but it tastes better than any storebought low fat sugar filled hommus i've ever bought.
  • oxavecamourxo
    oxavecamourxo Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I like to make smoothies. I just throw some strawberries, a banana, some soymilk, and ice into the blender, and viola! A strawberry banana smoothie. Mmm.
  • abyssfully
    abyssfully Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    A little healthy fat wouldn't hurt :) Almonds or walnuts are great.
  • Woodman725
    Woodman725 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I finally tried hummus recently. I'm sure you have probably had it, but there are a ton of different flavors and brands. Cheese is a good snack with good fat in it, unless you're a vegan.