Starting Atkins Induction today!

Options
2»

Replies

• NowGoWorkout
    Options
    Rachel,

Listen to this chick...she "gets it". And that's rare on here... There is NO quick fix. It's hard, and it's tough...AND it's SOOOOO worth it.
    Rachel,

How much have you researched this? Do you know low-carb is the best plan for you, or are you hoping for quick results to get into that red dress? For example, as Jade mentioned--carbs are essential to brain functions. Also, when I was researching the possibility of 'going low-carb', I learned how carbs are used by your body and the best time to eat them... now I try to stick to only eating carbs (not including those in fruit/veggies) in the 1-2 hours after a workout. Perhaps just changing how you are using carbs in your diet, and what kind (i.e. whole grain vs white, etc.) would give you the same result?

If you have done the research and talked to your Dr and still decide to go the Atkins route, at least you can say YOU are making the most educated decision for your body... not letting that red dress talk you into it :wink:
  • IAmOnMyWay
    IAmOnMyWay Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi there people. I am Tina. I've lost 35 pounds so far and am finding I am on a plateau. I plan to lose an additional 55 pounds. I find that keeping track of calories consumed and burned helps a lot. Nice to meet you all. Good luck and have a great week!
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    I am curious......Why do a gimmick diet that will have you gain back the weight as soon as you stop when you could just watch your calories, exercise, and lose weight and keep it off?

if you look at it like that you will gain it back, its not meant to be a diet you stop. its meant to be a lifestyle change. No matter what kind of healthy eating plan you try. if you go back to eating crap you are going to gain in back now arentcha
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    So, from this experienced user is the below quote... Are you willing to commit to NEVER eating carbs again? NEVER a piece of wedding cake? NEVER a pancake? NEVER a piece of fresh bread? NEVER a plate of pasta?

Atkins is a 'diet', and it DOES NOT work. Eat well, work out hard, and over a long process, you will get fit. It's the ONLY way, like it or not.
    You will find that many people do not agree with Atkins or any other very low carb diet. Just shake it off. If low carb works for you, go for it. Just know that for the weight to STAY off, you have to commit to a permanent low carb lifestyle. Otherwise, the weight WILL come back.

as far as never eating cake? is there an health plan that cake is good for. NO but indulgence happens, and can with atkins.
    do you eat wedding cake every day??? no probably not. but when you do have something do you then just go back to eating your healthy foods? probably wow guess what we do the same
  • hairspray74
    hairspray74 Posts: 93
    Options
    low carb, no carb, low fat, no fat, fat free, I've done it all! just count your calories, try to make sure you have a carb, protein, AND a fat in each meal and you'll be fine, you'll lose weight and feel great! and it's something that you can stick to, no gimmick, just a nice lifestyle change!!!
  • martinah4
    martinah4 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    In response to the wedding cake post.....I'm a low-carber/Atkins diet follower since February 15 this year! As of today, I've lost 32.5 lbs! And as of last Saturday, I've made it through 4 birthday parties in my family without even an inkling of a craving for birthday cake! When I started, one of my mini-goals was to lose weight for a wedding in August. I'll still be losing weight for other positive, healthy reasons, but I'm confident that I can sit through that entire reception without even a bite of wedding cake! Good luck to you! By the way, don't listen to these low-carb nay sayers. Read the books about all the sound science, research and studies in support of low-carb lifestyles. There are a ton of low-carbers on MFP that have been to the doctors before and after and are living proof to support Atkins "theories" of what a healthy diet it really is!
  • drea0087
    drea0087 Posts: 11
    Options
    If you look at the Atkins diet, it allows whole grain carbs & fruits!!! Hellloooo? Some people are ridiculous. There's so many misunderstandings about the diet with people thinking induction phase is the whole program.
  • randisaucier
    randisaucier Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Come on people.......different strokes for different folks. Don't flame for the OP for HER choice of lifestyle.
  • Rachelsdream
    Options
    Hi everyone! My gosh, have not been on here in ages and no, did not die from eating low carb. Lol. I actually found a book called "The Carb Lovers Diet". It has combinations of a balanced diet just with lower carb counts.

Sadly though, have not started anything yet. We have stepkids for a few weeks and money is tight. I plan to start today eating small meals every 3 hours and watching calories until I can financially start carb lovers. Who knows, maybe
  • Rachelsdream
    Options
    Hi everyone! My gosh, have not been on here in ages and no, did not die from eating low carb. Lol. I actually found a book called "The Carb Lovers Diet". It has combinations of a balanced diet just with lower carb counts.

Sadly though, have not started anything yet. We have stepkids for a few weeks and money is tight. I plan to start today eating small meals every 3 hours and watching calories until I can financially start carb lovers. Who knows, maybe the calorie /will grazing thing might work. :) Thanks everyone for your input! And Hi Emily and Miss
    Fairytale!