losing too fast? help!

Options
Hello! So I am already at a BMI of 22.0 but plan to get to in the 20s for my holiday in August. However, I have started my diet on 1700 calories but lost seven pounds in just three days! I was dieting slightly prior to this so do not believe it is a lot of water weight. I am not sure what to do. Should I stick with it or increase my intake? I am quite scared!

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    If it's your first time restricting calories over a continuous period, it's probably loss of water weight. It's normal.
  • pollypocket1021
    pollypocket1021 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I had that too and freaked out. It's water weight and it will slow down to your goal.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    Wait until 30 days are up. If you've lost excessively quick each of those days, raise your weight loss weekly goal or manually add 100-200 calories to your goal.

If you're not already eating back at least half of your exercise calories that you log, that will help.
  • julianpoutram
    julianpoutram Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Hello! So I am already at a BMI of 22.0 but plan to get to in the 20s for my holiday in August. However, I have started my diet on 1700 calories but lost seven pounds in just three days! I was dieting slightly prior to this so do not believe it is a lot of water weight. I am not sure what to do. Should I stick with it or increase my intake? I am quite scared!

Could still quite easily be water weight, there are so many factors whic affect your scale weight. If you look at yourself in the mirror and you feel you are looking too slim or even emmeciated then add 2-300 cals to your diet. Do that for a month, check you progress in the mirror, if nothing seems to be changing add more, it's that simple!
  • moto450
    moto450 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    If you are feeling fine and not super hungry then no worries. Congrats on the initial fast weight loss! It will slow down over time, but don't let it get you down when it happens.

No need to be scared.
  • melrunnerbean
    Options
    Sounds like water weight to me. You can't physically lose 7lbs of fat in 3 days. It's impossible!
    You might of had a lot of liquid to drink when you last weighed yourself 3 days ago and not drank as much 3 days later.
    It takes a deficit of 24,500 calories to lose that much fat. That's why diets like Lighter life, you lose a lot of weight in week 1. It's water weight and by no means fat loss.
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Do the math.

If you lost more then your calorie deficit for the time period then it was water weight.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    It's water and totally normal.