Losing soooo slowly...frustrated!

Options
Well, I have been on MFP since the beginning of April. I have been religious in logging everything that I eat. I have been exercising 3-5 times a week but I have only lost 6lbs. I am starting to get very discouraged! I was never a quantity eater...I just ate all the wrong fatty/sugary things. I am eating 99% healthier. Why is this going so slow??? It is very frustrating and I am not sure what to do about it. I have no plans on giving up but does anyone have any suggestions?

Replies

• megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I can't see what it is you're eating so I cant make suggestions on that but 6lb in a month and a half is really not that bad. Losing slowly is the best way to do it to ensure it'll stay off in the long run (giving you stay on course). Maybe change up your workout, more cardio?
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    6 weeks and 6 pounds? Sounds like you're right on track! Keep it up... you'll start to see the changes physically pretty soon. It can be tough, but slow is the right way!!!!
  • 55tolose
    55tolose Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    My suggestion is to chill out. weight stays off easier if its slow and thats almost a pound a week anyway. There is a group that only tries to lose 5 pounds per month and to be honest thats as fast as you ever need to lose.

Your doing amazing keep up the good work 6 pounds in 6 weeks is a great weight loss
  • melliebee
    melliebee Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    You are lucky to lose 6 lbs in a month!
  • peaceloveandtattoos
    Options
    you know what really seems to kick start my weight loss? i drink a lot of barely sweetened iced green tea....picks up my metabolism! are you taking vitamins? be patient...sometimes it takes a little while!
  • minburke
    minburke Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    6lb in 6 weeks is not bad at all. It does take time.
  • RMLMoore
    RMLMoore Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    You may be losing inches as you gain muscle which weighs more than fat. Try going by how your clothes fit and your measurements. I find I either lose inches or weight but usually not both at the same time.
  • hairspray74
    hairspray74 Posts: 93
    Options
    make sure your drinking enough water! I have to watch how much water I drink just as much if not more then the food I log! for example I try to drink at least 3 liters a day which is about 99 ounces, today I've only had 1/2 a liter which is about 15 ounces!
  • anolan807
    anolan807 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I know where your coming from. I am in the same boat. People have said that I eat to many of the wrong things and not eat enough veggies and Fruit. Unfortunately I have IBS and can't eat to many fruits and Veggies. But I workout like crazy and have cut back. Just keep up with your exercises. You might want to try a sixth day for a week or to and change your calories if you do around the same every day. Like if your a 1200 calorie eater jump it up to 1400 one day just to shock your system. That seems to help people. Good Luck
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you are losing weight at a rate that is reasonable for your body at a 1 lb a week, which is recommended. If you really want to shake things up you can try to adjust your exercise routines, add something new, etc. this leads to something called muscle confusion which helps you lose weight since you start to use different muscle groups. Good luck with your weight lose and just remember it may take longer than you expect but it is okay because you are making a lifestyle change.
  • dysears
    dysears Posts: 6
    Options
    Are you drinking your water? Remember there are so many factors that can affect weight loss. Medicine, salt, fat stress the list goes on. If you are working out 3-5 times you may have gained muscle which weighs more than fat. Take your inches measurements because that will also show you how your body is getting smaller. Remember it is a long process. You can make it
  • suzie139
    suzie139 Posts: 1
    Options
    The average is 1-2 lbs a week, so you're doing great!
  • MarcelaBella
    Options
    Losing a lb. a week is ideal. Keep it up! Some helpful tips: 1) drink at least 8 glasses of water, but try for 9 or 10 a day, 2) try to eat a carb/protein/fat at every meal to help you burn calories better, 3) eat close to 400 calories per meal and for snack...you want to be close to your calorie limit (just slightly under.) Best of luck to you on your journey!
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    6 lbs in 6 weeks is a healthy weight loss. From your profile pic, you look like you're not incredibly over your goal weight, anyway. It sometimes goes slower the closer you are to ideal weight. Be patient and stick with it, and realize you're creating a healthier lifestyle for a healthier body and mind.
  • callipygianchronicle
    callipygianchronicle Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Please ignore anyone that says you need to change anything, aside from your expectations. Losing one pound per week is healthy and exactly what you should expect. In other words, it's working. Keep doing what you're doing.
  • kacarter1017
    kacarter1017 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Sounds about right to me- 1 pound week is what your goal should be.
  • hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    You didn't gain overnight and you won't lose it overnight. You are right on track with one lb per week. Be patient and stay consistent. You will reach your goals.
  • phgk
    phgk Posts: 29
    Options
    @mathjulz I am actually much more "bottom" heavy...most is in my butt and legs. I have a good 40-45 pounds to lose.

I do have trouble getting all of the water in because it is not my favorite. I don't take vitamins either. I guess I am frustrated because most was lost in the first 4 weeks, and the last 2 weeks not much. I did increase my calories this past week to "lose 1/2 lb. a week" and this week I am going back to the "lose 1 lb a week" calorie goal to shake things up. This is why I love MFP...all of you are awesome for taking time to boost my spirits and give such great encouragement!!! :wink:
  • ljglivingfree
    ljglivingfree Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    That sounds great!! A pound a week is very healthy. I am feeling like you too - discouraged. Like I will never "get there". But right now 6 pounds sounds great!! Stay with it. Just think, in the last 6 weeks you could have been gaining! Instead you are shrinking. The work outs are probably building muscle too so you won't see that in the numbers but in how your clothes fit. Stick with it!:smile: