HELP getting started again...want to lose 1 stone

Options
KateO_o
KateO_o Posts: 9 Member
Hi everyone
Im just getting back on the band wagon and getting started again to lose a stone I have gained mostly down to binging. Im just wondering if anyone has any advice for the following:
- How to lose a small amount like 14lbs when my weight never seems to go down any more.
- how to curb binging?
Thanks so much and feel free to add me as a friend :)

Replies

• billiemills
    Options
    Hi Katie,
    14lbs is really not a small amount to lose. It's quite a challenge so don't get down when you struggle beyond this amount. Depending on your current size and what changes you make to your diet/excercise will really dictate on how quickly the weight will come off.
    Drinking water and small healthy snacks will help with the binging. Packing nuts and fruit can help. Regular intake of water will also help with water retention and thus slim you down.
    I am still loosing weight for my wedding and have about 7lbs to go. I bulk out meals with dark green veg and only eat carbs in the meal following a workout.
    Dieting is really a personal thing, but I hope this has helped a bit.
  • KateO_o
    Options
    Hi :)
    Thanks for your reply it helped me a lot . I know its a good bit and I'm confident and determined i can do it. I've also been saving carbs for post workout and and sticking with protein and veggies mostly. Good luck with your own journey too thanks :)
  • niajones95
    niajones95 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I agree, drinking more water will do you the world of good for losing weight, it also helps fill you up, most people mistake thirst for hunger, I'm one of them and it's an easy mistake to make. I currently have a stone to lose as well and I find that walking is extremely helpful with weightloss, whenever I'm home from Uni (Where I have a gym) I go on hour to an hour and a half long walks that sometimes include going uphill to help me lose some weight. Good luck!!! :)
  • KateO_o
    Options
    I'm really trying to train myself to do that! I love drinking water but think I'll try liven it up a bit with some mint or lemon so it seems like a treat. I'm in uni too and do a lot of walking in and out of town so I'm really missing that since I'm on a break. I've begun running which I find great. Going to keep it up. Good luck with the final stone