Green teas or oolong teas!

Options
2»

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Harney & Sons-Hot Cinnamon Sunset. That is all the tea you need. And for the cheap decaffeinated version-Selestial Seasonings, Bengal Spice.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    I prefer green teas with some added flavor. Yogi makes a nice pomegranate and their blueberry is pretty good too.
  • scr183
    scr183 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Stash has a ginger-peach green tea that I've been hooked on lately, if you're just looking for something tasty. Great as-is or with a touch of honey or sugar. Just talking tea in general -- I'll second the rec for Bengal Spice, or in a similar vein Good Earth's Sweet and Spicy. Both great unadulterated or with a splash of milk (I use almond, just because I prefer it) and your choice of sweetener.
  • Raaneve
    Raaneve Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I'm a confessed tea junkie.

Personally I think the only tea that needs anything added to it to make it palatable (milk, sugar, honey, whatever) are the cheap bags of even cheaper dust that come in cardboard boxes from any given supermarket.

You really want an outstanding cup of tea?

Find a good loose leaf source.

...and I cannot stress this enough:

Quality of leaf, quality of water, proper leaf-to-water ratio, correct temperature for the type you are brewing (green, white, black, etc.), and proper steep times ARE CRITICAL to a superior cup of tea!!!

Truly excellent tea is literally an art form in Japan and other places for a reason...

...lol... *you* may not be doing this, but plenty of people do: dump overboiled tap water on a crappy bag o' generic Lipton "tea" and let it steep for six+ minutes and its no wonder it needs doctoring up with sweeteners and milk... tea like that makes me want to barf too...

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    I have a habbit of having milk teas or milk coffees 3-4 times a day, i wana substitue it with green tea, but the taste of green tea makes me wana puke :/

Then find another tea/drink that you like?
  • shannonmaines
    shannonmaines Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have a habbit of having milk teas or milk coffees 3-4 times a day, i wana substitue it with green tea, but the taste of green tea makes me wana puke :/

I don't like green tea either but a friend suggested Yogi Blueberry Slim Life Green Tea. It doesn't taste like green tea to me and I really enjoy it. I get mine at Wegmans (not sure where you're located) but you can order it online.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Irish Breakfast or GTFO.

I hate green tea.

OP, my experience is that there are often other foods/sources for the "benefits" to be found in the foods you don't like.
  • gs1941
    gs1941 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Try davids tea. They have so many flavours and they are SOOO delicious!!
  • bmm4m
    bmm4m Posts: 2
    Options
    I use to be the same way now all i drink is citrus green tea and water.