Going at it alone

Options
rachel_post
rachel_post Posts: 19 Member
edited April 2015 in Motivation and Support
Hello also-single-folks!

I'm new here....ready to lose weight and gain support through new friends and this community. I have had a rough past few years in all areas of my life. I understand this domino effect is all due to the negative nature of my own thoughts ("You bring about what you think about!") So I'm taking a good, long gander in the mirror to see what really needs to change. I'm on that wayward journey each and every day! I'm already beginning to feel better! Stop by and introduce yourself! I'd love to make a new friend or two along the way! :-) Happy Easter to all!
-Rachel

Replies

• justamyagain
    justamyagain Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Welcome, and good luck on your journey!
    Amy
  • rachel_post
    Options
    Thanks Amy!
  • iiasok6
    iiasok6 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Welcome good luck on your journey you will have plenty of support from MFP family
  • bzliving
    bzliving Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Rachel - good luck on your journey! I have been working on my journey for many years now - positive thinking and an optimistic attitude are the way to go!
  • kj61570
    kj61570 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Not any more! Be of good cheer! I've been on a roller coaster! I want to lose and maintain. Hope you're here to do the same. What's your goal?
  • rachel_post
    Options
    My goal is to be 60 lbs lighter, gained confidence, self respect and energy! I'm in desperate need to start living my life and stop waiting around for someone to fulfill these needs for me!
  • taco_inspector
    taco_inspector Posts: 7,223 Member
    Options
    My goal is to be 60 lbs lighter, gained confidence, self respect and energy! I'm in desperate need to start living my life and stop waiting around for someone to fulfill these needs for me!

Great motivation -- Sounds like you're in the right mindset to really make a dent in those 60lbs. Most often, realistic goals, honesty, and accuracy is all this takes, once you've got your motivation/commitment going strong.

I'm sure you'll get all the input and friends that you need here in the MFP community; hang around, you're really not alone.