Hi I'm Kimberly

Options
Hey there!

I'm Kimberly. I just weighed in at 320.2 pounds. This is the heaviest I have ever been. I am 5'2". I wear size 26/28. I am 27 years old.

Right now my goal is to become healthier. I plan on doing this by tracking what I eat and when I exercise. I need to focus on portion control and making sure I am eating on a consistent schedule. I LOVE me some carbs, so I need to keep those in check.

I really look forward to starting this journey.

Also if you have any advice to help with loose skin WHILE you are in the process of losing weight I would really appreciate it. I know it happens, but I would love to minimize it as much as possible.

Replies

• Keeks7x
    Keeks7x Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your journey Kimberly! Wishing you all the best! Keep your head up, clean healthy eating is perfect!
  • Gretchen1002
    Gretchen1002 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have read that strength training, even paced weight loss and moisturizing all help with the issues of loose skin.
  • Gretchen1002
    Gretchen1002 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Also want to say you're not alone! I am working toward a healthier lifestyle and hoping the "side affects" will include weight loss. Keep you're head up and your sights set on your goals and you WILL reach them!
  • saves86
    saves86 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi Kimberly. My name is Sandra. I'm 29 in June and my highest weight was 330 and I got down to about 275 and my fiancé passed away. I'm now back up to 298 and I'm climbing back on the wagon. I wish you the best of luck in your journey and cannot wait to see you progress. If you ever wanna talk about how crappy this journey can be sometimes let me know.
  • KNArzoian
    KNArzoian Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone.

Sandra, I'm so sorry for your lost.
  • hmm33502
    hmm33502 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm Heather and I started my journey at 327 lbs and am down to 249...in 5 years! It is a slow process, but it can be done. I had weight loss surgery in 2010 and lost 83 lbs in the first 9 months, but it didn't stay off because there is no quick fix. I gained almost 60 back, but have since lost it slowly over the past 2 years. I learned that I have to eat the right foods and try to stay active and that is truly the only long term solution. Don't go from sedentary to trying to work out 3 or 5 days per week because it may or may not stick. I started with 1 day per week, moved to 2 and eventually to 3! I wear a fitness tracker and try for 10000 steps daily. Being aware of how much you move can really have an effect on how much you try to move! I'm super horrible about tracking, but if you will do it, I'll do it too! Good luck! No, wait...luck has nothing to do with it. "Work It" fits better!
  • jules6669mfp
    jules6669mfp Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    saves86 wrote: »
    Hi Kimberly. My name is Sandra. I'm 29 in June and my highest weight was 330 and I got down to about 275 and my fiancé passed away. I'm now back up to 298 and I'm climbing back on the wagon. I wish you the best of luck in your journey and cannot wait to see you progress. If you ever wanna talk about how crappy this journey can be sometimes let me know.

Hi Sandra
    I'm so sorry for your loss. Heartbreaking I know. My hubby passed away 5 yrs ago and I let myself go. Gained weight, ate horrible etc.... Though older than you, I'm here to offer you support. You can do it!