Never had to lose weight before

Options
I'm new at this and Ive never had to lose weight until some hormone therapy I had to do and gained weight I now need to lose. About 15 pounds isn't much to a lot of people but to me it's overwhelming and It literally hurts my body. I've been tracking everything I do for almost 3 weeks and ended up gaining weight!!! How do I do this right? How do I not give up? When will I see/feel results? Please help!!! Thanks to anyone with any advice. Im very limited in an exercise as I have a heart condition and can't do much of anything when it comes to working out. Please keep that in mind when giving any tips. Thanks again!!!

Replies

• sneaky_teaky
    sneaky_teaky Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    The biggest problem I had when I started was at the end of the day I would look at my diary and go, "wow! I have all these calories I can still use!". Then I would proceed to eat a bigger dinner or have extra snacks. Since then I have learned to shift the majority of my calories to the beginning of the day and try not to feel the need to use them all. I did see results by the end of my first month, but I made many drastic changes and am not on any medicines other than my BC. The biggest change I made was cutting soda out of my life. I didn't exercise or do anything different other than watching my intake and was seeing results. I feel I would have more progress if I didn't have so many cheat days, but each time I take a step back I have learned something.

If you continue to have trouble I would recommend talking to your doctor. You could show him what you have been doing and and seeing what he suggest to help.

Most of all, don't give up, you can do this!
  • LovelyIvy466
    LovelyIvy466 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    If you are gaining, then you need to take another look at how you track. The most likely culprit is that you're underestimating your food or overestimating your activity. If you are really sure that's not it, then it can't hurt to ask your doctor how your therapy may be affecting your efforts. If there's something you can do to alleviate it, great. If not, then you will just have to be the healthiest you that you can be for right now, regardless of your weight.

As for exercise, it really doesn't have to be traumatic. Go for walks. Turn on some music at home and dance. Do something you like, as much as you can. It's enrichment, not punishment!