went overboard

Options
Hey everyone! i hope everyone enjoyed their Holiday! So i am currently on weight watchers and am doing ok with it, but i have to vent somewhere and i dont have the discussion group for WW. So it goes without saying my issues is food related and i went completely over board this week/ weekend. I am doing T25 and love it! i am seeing result and love the commitment that ive put toward the exercise! i will be starting Week 3 tomorrow morning no matter what.
So here is the issue. all this week and into the weekend i have been a terrible logger, havent tracked my points and ate whatever the hell i wanted knowing damn well what i was doing. this week i have zero excuse with eating, but yesterday I went to weigh in at my weight watchers meeting and i gained 1.8 pounds from the week...FML#1...then that same day i went to a wedding and ate all over the Horrible (very tasty) Hor'Douves and food options... i ate like a pig before we went to the wedding and had drinks and wedding food later...FML#2... then today i had a HUGE breakfast, high fat lunch, and a LARGE Mexican for dinner. So like an obsessive compulsive women that i am with somethings i go an weight myself to see the damage...FFFFMMMLLLL#3. according to the scale( and i know its not the real weight) i had gained everything back.... i feel so stupid. i have been on Weight watchers since Oct 2014 and i know it works, but i cant seem to get motivated to STICK to the eating right. i want to stay with this lifestyle and need a little kind words of encouragement. i know the exercise is helping shape me and i feel amazing, but i cant get my act together with keeping my mindset in the bubble of willpower.
I am also going through hard times and its one of the reasons i still have a "need comfort food" mentality. starting from the beginning of 2014 my hubby and I went through a miscarriage and we have already been trying for a while. Still trying. then in Oct i joined WW and was losing like a champ, then my twin sister gets pregnant and i SKY rocket back to the starting weight plus a pound. I am SOOO excited yet sad for it not happening for me yet. i have been plagued with a damaged mindset due to the miscarriage that it gets me off track every 2 weeks. No i dont need a therapist, yes i know it'll happen when i stop thinking about it, and yes i know what to do but im finding it harder and harder. Then on St. Patty's Day, i went through a chemical pregnancy. i was devastated, but actually saw positive outta this experience, i can get pregnant again, i know it! i couldnt be more happy for my sister and i get to be first time aunt but feeling the hurt come back into my mind and heart it makes it hard for me to continue a streak of pure 100% perfect eating. i need encouragement with the staying on track food wise. i have the exercise down, but i need direction and inspiration with staying on track. any advice is welcome!

sorry for the longest post, but whoever read this, thank you, i needed to write it out

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Log it and move on. Pull your bootstraps up and go get it!
  • ljk0615
    ljk0615 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    May I suggest an online community for women trying to conceive after a loss? If you download the babycenter app, their community has a group called "trying to conceive after miscarriage". The ladies there might be of great support to you with those issues that you are dealing with.
  • Rosie5151
    Rosie5151 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Its ok to vent it out.. I did the same today. I've lost 76 lbs eating 1200 cals a day. I've been at this now since Dec. with no drop in wght. So today, I ate pretty much what I wanted. Food was good, sweets were off the charts for me. I didn't beat myself up. I never do it. I just gave myself the permission to do it first.
    Just stop it right now. Get water.. and get more water...and move on. Don't wait til tomorrow. Just start NOW.
    You got this.
  • Tatarataa
    Tatarataa Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I feel for you and the terrible things you went through and still havebtotally understandable emotionally to deal with!! Everyone would struggle in such hard times! I did not have any hard times but nevertheless binged through almost the whole week! If you likebto we can support each other tovget back on track! I am doing calorie counting, but I am also familiar with weight watchers. Maybe there is something you can do to take just tomorrow and make it enjoyable to get back on the programme...
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Lots to address here, but definitely do t hold yourself to being "100% perfect". That's just not realistic and it's not going to happen.

It must be hard to go through all of that. Eating doesn't help, so hopefully you can find something else to soothe you.
  • knt217
    knt217 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    OP, I'm so sorry that you've gone through loss, and struggled with TTC after. It's really an emotional battle that people just don't quite get unless they've been there. I lost my son in Feb at 21 weeks, and that's what finally pushed me here. I think, in the end, you have to find your reason that really makes it stick. For me, part of my being here on this journey is him- and the unknown for why we lost him. It's made me want to be a healthier weight so that I can definitely say that aspect of my life didn't contribute negatively to my baby. I'm here for me too though...I'm just tired of being fat post-babies and not seeing "me" when I look in the mirror. Stick with it. You can do it!
  • alliesgettinghealthy
    alliesgettinghealthy Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    then today i had a HUGE breakfast, high fat lunch, and a LARGE Mexican for dinner.

Omg thank god I'm just a small Mexican!

• Bearface115
    Bearface115 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    then today i had a HUGE breakfast, high fat lunch, and a LARGE Mexican for dinner.

Haha!!! Omg!! I totally meant Mexican dinner!
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I went over as well. It happens sometimes as we learn to conquer old habits. As long as you can move on, each meal you have is a chance to make it a good one.
  • Bearface115
    Bearface115 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    knt217 wrote: »
    OP, I'm so sorry that you've gone through loss, and struggled with TTC after. It's really an emotional battle that people just don't quite get unless they've been there. I lost my son in Feb at 21 weeks, and that's what finally pushed me here. I think, in the end, you have to find your reason that really makes it stick. For me, part of my being here on this journey is him- and the unknown for why we lost him. It's made me want to be a healthier weight so that I can definitely say that aspect of my life didn't contribute negatively to my baby. I'm here for me too though...I'm just tired of being fat post-babies and not seeing "me" when I look in the mirror. Stick with it. You can do it!

Thank you for your response. I'm so sorry for your loss too. The reasons of the unknown are difficult to try and understand, but somebody once told me God wouldn't give us something we couldn't handle. There is a reason for everything and I'm so sorry you had to go through 21 weeks first. You can do this and your motivation is amazing. Lots of love to you. Xoxo
  • hhnkhl
    hhnkhl Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Nothing you can do to change what you have already done. Just continue on forth to do better.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    You said you do not need a therapist. Which is what I said too when I suffered miscarriages and fertility issues. I survived, but looking back to it years later, I realise I could have made this much easier for myself if I had looked for help. At the time, I felt I did not need it, it was somethign happening to other people, I could go on with life, and that therapists are for "damaged" people, not just "normal" people going through a hard time. If I could turn back time, my much older self, would advise my younger self to admit needing a bit of support, to not be afraid to ask for help and to seek counselling, because life is too short and there is no need to do prove I could do it on my own. Worst case, you waste 2-3 hours of your life and some cash until you feel this is not for you. Best case, you find a person who knows how to help you get some peace again and move past what has happened.
  • uvi5
    uvi5 Posts: 710 Member
    Options

gs3i324mw81l.gif
  • YuzuMisaki
    YuzuMisaki Posts: 1
    edited April 2015
    Options
    How about replacing those unhealthy food with a healthier version? I have a sweet tooth but instead of having normal ice cream, how about having nice cream. Freeze bananas in freezer for at least overnight and process them in the food processor. Check out Cherie's Instagram @thrivingonplants for more healthy delicious recipes. No I'm not paid to promote her profile. I just feel like sharing it with you because I feel so much healthier and less guilty after having desserts.