New and in dire need of some support and encouragement

Options
Hiya, I'm new to my fitness pal..... I've been on the site for 3 days now.... I've been over weight my whole life, not huge but bigger than average. Just about 7 months ago I was put on a new medication that made me gain a lot of weight (approx. 40 lbs). Now I'm trying desperately to take it back off again plus a few extra lbs. So I'm trying to get some motivation to keep up what I've been doing for the past 3 days. I'm also looking for a few friends so we can encourage each other... I guess kinda like a work out buddy. So if you are interested in having a new friend let me know, I'd be glad to discuss efforts and results back and fourth.

Replies

• beachbumdoug
    beachbumdoug Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    you can add me if you like, this site is really good
  • easuess
    easuess Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Add me too if you want. And welcome to MFP! I think the site is awesome and you'll find lots of support here. :)
  • Jeepinmom4
    Jeepinmom4 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Kim,I've been here one week today! I'm here to push educate encourage,anything ya need! In a way I'm ready enough for the both of us lol go ahead and add me!!
  • kdelost630
    kdelost630 Posts: 199
    Options
    You can definitely add me as a friend and a support crutch! I'm trying to lose 40 lbs as well and just starting using this site after a year or so on Weight Watchers!
  • pittsblue99
    pittsblue99 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well :)
  • lisafred24
    lisafred24 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I hope you enjoy this site and get as much out of it as I have. It is very motivational, supportive and helpful. If you truly make yourself accountable and are honest in your entries, you will find your self asking "do I really want that bad enough to put it on my food diary", most of the time the answer will be no. I have lost 25 pounds in 6 weeks, 9 of those since I started using MFP. Feel free to add me.
  • Ziggie13
    Ziggie13 Posts: 248
    Options
    welcome add me as as friend. what kind of exercise do u do?
  • sarabellum
    sarabellum Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well - I'll do whatever I can to help/support/encourage you!!!
  • trishobr
    trishobr Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Feel free to add me if you like
  • melpru
    melpru Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you want. I'm new on here as well, and I'd be more than happy to offer support and encouragement. :)
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    You can add me! Support is my middle name! :smile:
  • Irene8509
    Irene8509 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Welcome to mfp. Add me as a friend. I love this site lots of info and fun, motivational conversation.
  • bran2011
    bran2011 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I would love to have somebody to go through this with. I know what you mean, and support and encouragement are vital, especially at the beginning. Add me as a friend if you would like :)
  • nicole_m_84
    Options
    Welcome!! I'm new too! I'll be your friend. Add away. :)
  • Leslie2273
    Leslie2273 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Feel free to add me!!
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    I'm new here too, just completed my first week. Feel free to add me and that goes for anyone else as well. I've already interacted with some very nice people. The site is great and people are very supportive. Good luck on your journey - you can do it!
  • emoslayer84
    emoslayer84 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You took the first most impressive step in your journey. It all starts with a need/want, then motivation, encouragement, will-power, breaking bad habits, making new good habits, then before you know it success! Feel free to add me! :)
  • healthyandlean
    Options
    HI I would love too be your friend!! I too have fought my weifgt all my life!! ALSO GAINED 80 lbs when SICK/and on copious meds for a YEAR!!! YOU can do it!! I am now off all the MEDS!! and playing TENNIS again!! Got sick after shoulder surgery/ did not move off couch almost a year!! Hope to hear from you :flowerforyou:
  • hilhall822
    hilhall822 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Just start adding random people! :) You are free to add me, keep checking in on here and putting in the effort and you'll be fine!
  • MsTRiot
    MsTRiot Posts: 15
    Options
    I mostly do a lot of walking... but I usually walk to the beat of a good techno song (really fast pace)