Am I doing something wrong here?

Options
I'm rather small (4'7 and 124 lbs) and I have my calorie goal set at 1,400. I am shooting towards losing 24 to 27 lbs. Yet, I noticed that eating all healthy foods, I have trouble staying at that goal. I often go over, even minuscule amounts like 1,436. I also noticed that I began thinking of food a lot more and thinking of unhealthy foods I would like to eat. Should I raise my goal to a higher number since I do exercise and don't want to be restrictive (attempting to self recover from an ED) or should I gain more discipline and keep it and just watch certain things?

Replies

• jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    What do u have ur weight loss goals set to? As in how many lbs per week
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Are you logging your exercise? MFP will generate extra calories for you when you log in your exercise.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    I'm rather small (4'7 and 124 lbs) and I have my calorie goal set at 1,400. I am shooting towards losing 24 to 27 lbs. Yet, I noticed that eating all healthy foods, I have trouble staying at that goal. I often go over, even minuscule amounts like 1,436. I also noticed that I began thinking of food a lot more and thinking of unhealthy foods I would like to eat. Should I raise my goal to a higher number since I do exercise and don't want to be restrictive (attempting to self recover from an ED) or should I gain more discipline and keep it and just watch certain things?

If you really have an eating disorder, this site might be extremely harmful to you without guidance from a professional. Talk to a dr and/or therapist, then plan a strategy that will allow you to establish good eating habits. Counting calories, attempting to lose weight and trying to recover from an eating disorder without help, it sounds like a recipe for disaster.
  • MargaretSobers
    MargaretSobers Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Control, is the key of diet and exercise. You have to control yourself. We all know that there are no benefits of junk and unhealthy foods. Todays looking slim and fit is the main goal for each and everyone. Due to junk food, you have to face many skin related problems. Healthy foods keep your skin glowing and light.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Control, is the key of diet and exercise. You have to control yourself. We all know that there are no benefits of junk and unhealthy foods. Todays looking slim and fit is the main goal for each and everyone. Due to junk food, you have to face many skin related problems. Healthy foods keep your skin glowing and light.

Sorry, but are you serious? ?

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

:huh:
  • Christine_72
    Options

I'll raise you the :huh: to a :noway:

• PlumpKitten
    PlumpKitten Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    If you have an eating disorder, then you need more help than this website can provide. Is there a doctor, a nurse or someone at school you can talk to?
  • PlumpKitten
    PlumpKitten Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    But to answer your main Q - 1,400 might be high for someone only 4'7". I'm 5-feet -- and I lose steadily at 1,200 and maintain at 1,600.

But, again, curing an eating disorder is more important right now than counting calories.
  • MargaretSobers
    Options

Sorry, but are you serious? ?

Yes, oily and junk foods are not good for health. Much of the people are facing many internal and external issues with it.
  • MargaretSobers
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »

Nop . And knock it off with the spam.
    I am not a spammer. You can't justify anyone by his /her opinion.
  • MargaretSobers
    Options

Why this???
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options

What a dreadful post in response to someone who is trying to recover from an ED.
    Pushing your agenda onto someone in the OP's position is extremely unhelpful.
  • Christine_72
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »

What a dreadful post in response to someone who is trying to recover from an ED.

...And a bit irresponsible

Margaret that's why the :huh:

• MargaretSobers
    Options

Now I understand. Thanks. Next time I'll keep it in mind.
  • MargaretSobers
    Options

Thanks. I'll work on it.
  • Christine_72
    Options

Thanks. I'll work on it.

No worries. We've all said things that have got us in a wee bit of trouble :smile: