21 years old and 90 pounds lost with photos

Options
baileeadele
baileeadele Posts: 10 Member
edited April 2015 in Success Stories
Hi everyone! My name is Bailee and I am 21 years old and here is my story

I began gaining weight in middle school after I was raped and assaulted when leaving my school Valentines Day dance. I turned to food to ease the pain it caused. It was a temporary happiness and much better than the anxiety attacks and nightmares.

For the most part I was in denial about how much I weighed. If a photo was taken of me I would quickly untag myself and tell myself it was just a bad angle. I wore granny panties (how embarrassing) AND spankies everyday under my jeans and one of those tight tank tops that was supposed to make your stomach flat. I was a mess.

I began losing weight right before I graduated high school. I had the amazing opportunity to speak at my graduation but was mortified to get on stage in front of thousands of people. There was no controlling the angle in which a photo was taken of me. No telling them which side was my 'good side'. I only lost about 20 pounds before graduating but it was enough to notice.

It has been about 2 1/2 years since then. I have hit hard points, times where i didn't lose for weeks, moments of weakness where i cried for hours after looking in the mirror. I struggle on a daily with loving myself but its something that i am working on. I personally thing the metal side of weight loss is harder than the physical sometimes.

It has been a slow process but it has been worth it. I have stopped and restarted multiple times (Christmas *cough cough*) but I will eventually be where I want to be and that is what matters.

by0jfv3oa1jh.jpg

eh04guxs5xve.jpg

Replies

• jules6669mfp
    jules6669mfp Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Great job!! You look wonderful. You're beautiful at any angle. I'm so very sorry for what you went through. I hope you are getting professional help and/or have somebody to talk with. You're so young and have a long life to live. You have to start by loving yourself. We are often too hard on ourselves. Take care. You got this!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Congrats, you've worked hard to get healthy and look great!
  • dilhun77
    dilhun77 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Congrats you look absolutely fabulous. Be very proud of what you accomplished
  • Reema_capricorn
    Reema_capricorn Posts: 1,032 Member
    Options
    wow you look beautiful and you're so tough! I also am a victim of lot of childhood abuse( I was thin when I was being abused) and turned to food to deal with pain. You're a real inspiration to me :)
  • GrammyPeachy
    GrammyPeachy Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Great job Sweetie! Loving yourself can be the hardest, but you'll get there. You're looking FANTASTIC!
  • shannonbun
    shannonbun Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    You are such an inspiration to me. Similar situation to yours, and I turned to food after the assault as well. Seeing how far you've come proves to me that I can do that, too. Thank you for posting this!
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful! Congratulations on overcoming such challenges in your life. Jon Gabriel talks about reasons we become emotionally obese, sometimes the fat protects us, and won't go until we feel safe.
  • misscollywobbles
    misscollywobbles Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Great job! You were already a stunner before the weight loss, but now you're radiating! BTW - I love your style.
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!!
  • totaldetermination
    totaldetermination Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    You are both beautiful and inspiring.
  • parisvt
    parisvt Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Wow! You're amazing!!!
  • jee_nee_us
    jee_nee_us Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic.

You went through all this and remained strong , anyone can be proud of you.
  • Robertus
    Robertus Posts: 558 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Wow! You look great!
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Robertus wrote: »
    Wow! By any chance to you like older men who are incredibly fit?

Good grief - you really think that is an appropriate comment given what the o.p. has been through and now accomplished?
  • Robertus
    Robertus Posts: 558 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Jelaan wrote: »
    Good grief - you really think that is an appropriate comment given what the o.p. has been through and now accomplished?
    I apologize. Actually, I posted that after only looking at her picture, without reading the post. Again, I am sorry.

• cindys921
    cindys921 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    You are inspirational! Congrats on the progress. You look amazing! You are a strong woman to overcome all that you have been through.
  • AlciaMode
    AlciaMode Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    You are a warrior. Thanks for sharing your story
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! Great job!!
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    B)cheering_minions.gif

• hippymama22
    hippymama22 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    hell ya girl! great accomplishment! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!