Help please???

Options
How can I exercise privately because I hate running on the main road but thats the only place around here. I'm not the smallest girl around and I'm pretty self contious. Please any options???

Replies

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Have you tried doing any at home work outs ? For example, I love kettle bells. Walmart sells them at a reasonable price. I can do a kettle bell routine at home in my room , and it's not bad at all. You tube has many free videos to get routines from .
    There's many things you could do at home and many free workout videos online.
    But hopefully you'll feel more confident to run outside or go to a gym in the future. There's nothing to be embarrassed about. We all started somewhere .
  • annantuscany
    Options
    I'm going to look at YouTube routines. Thank you so much.
  • MargaretSobers
    MargaretSobers Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Do running on trade mill, it is a good alternative for running on the road.
  • 1987RFS
    1987RFS Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Jump rope if your ceiling's tall enough.
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I'd be more inclined to work on the socal aspects of this rather than avoid people while you exercise. When people see you run/walk/lift/whatever, they'll have two thoughts 1) Good for you, and 2) I should exercise more. Win Win.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I'd be more inclined to work on the socal aspects of this rather than avoid people while you exercise. When people see you run/walk/lift/whatever, they'll have two thoughts 1) Good for you, and 2) I should exercise more. Win Win.

Agreed. If you want to go for a run, do it!