New and very much wanting support

Options
munozrd
munozrd Posts: 62 Member
Hi, a friend suggested this website. I started going to the gym 3 days ago. My problem is since I tend to go alone, (no visual support of friends) I give up. I want to see this work for me this time. Any suggestions? Today I was just testing this and was horrified to see how much I ate and how little I exercised.

Replies

• nicole_m_84
    Options
    Welcome!!! I'm new to this too. You can add me if you would like.
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Get involved in this site, the support system is unbelievable!! :smile: Add me if you'd like!
  • sunnie2499
    sunnie2499 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi there...ive been doing this for a over a year now on and off....you are more then welcome to add me...i can give ya advice or to just talk.....:smile::flowerforyou: :smile:
  • hilhall822
    hilhall822 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    If you set your food diary to public, knowing that tons of strangers can see what you're eating kind of helps (or at least helps me). And when you feel like NOT going to the gym- unless you are coughing up your lungs or on crutches, GO!
  • Leslie2273
    Leslie2273 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    This site is great support and helps to show you what you are doing.
  • traceybett
    traceybett Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! Congratulations making your commitment and Enjoy your journey!:flowerforyou:
  • dcerna62
    dcerna62 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this site too. Been dieting for about 3 months now. Add me if you'd like :-)
  • healthyandlean
    Options
    I would love too be friends!! YOU can do it!! I am glad you are here!! Everyone is NICE and helpful!! :flowerforyou:
  • AnitaAntone
    AnitaAntone Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Welcome,I have loved how much MVP as made this an easier journney. the food/exercise diary was very enlightening for me and the community support also! good luck on your journey! let me know if i can be of support to you
    3697427.png
  • aanddplusoanda
    aanddplusoanda Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Everyone needs support and it makes everything easier when you have people there for you that know what you are going through. Feel free to add me if you'd like!
  • johnnythebaptist
    Options
    Welcome and we are so glad to have you as part of the community. When going to the gym if you have been cleared by your physician ...........Think 500 calories and work what is comfortable to start. But your goal is to reach 500 and higher and eat right.
    Take your time and don't try to do too much. Hope that helps.:flowerforyou:
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    I also go alone to the gym i set a time when I go to the gym if i do the treadmill I set it for 60 min and do not get off until it stops the same for cardio if your planning to stay 15 minutes then stay until tile is up and stick with it
  • LessMe2B
    LessMe2B Posts: 316
    Options
    Welcome, and congrats on starting!!! I'm new also and you can add me as a friend. I'm starting with reduced caloric intake and increased physical activity. I know if I try to do everything at once (gym, low calorie AND healthy diet), I'll fail. If you're more disciplined than me, that's great. If not, maybe just start slow. The support you get here is wonderful and in no time you'll have some success and be ready to progressively be more disciplined.
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard! I'm new myself and I can tell you that this site is great and everyone is very supportive and helpful. There's a lot of great information to be found. Everyone here is trying to achieve thier own fitness goals, so we're all in it together. And I'm in it to win it!
  • Beautiful_Fury
    Beautiful_Fury Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm very new to this site too.. I'll send you a friend request... :o)
  • mzbrandyluv
    mzbrandyluv Posts: 103
    Options
    Welcome! I also don't have anyone in my personal life to go to the gym with or be "accountable" to...but you'll find great support here, and I don't know about other people, but just knowing how much people are routing for me here, makes me WANT to stay in my calorie range, and makes me WANT to post that I worked out, so they can all say "YAY good job" haha. This place truly is lovely :)
  • munozrd
    munozrd Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    That is good advice and so true. Sometimes, I think about just staying home. I will think of what you said now. thanks.
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Welcome.

I haven't been here long myself and like you I've always tended to try to do the weight loss/healthy lifestyle thing alone, needless to say, it didn't work for me or I wouldn't be where I am today.

I'm finding that while I've not started to interact with others all that much, reading other people's posts and blogs has been really helpful. Both inspirational and enlightening.

And don't let your early food and exercise tracking get you down. Use it as a tool to show you where to make your changes to get you to a healthier life