5'2" 171 lbs. embarrassed

Options
Looking for support.... startting exercising daily , walking when i can but cant burdge the scale.
I did lose 3 lbs last week by eating cottage cheese for breakfast and salads for lunch.. but some how got it back....
Just need some support.

Replies

• CarlaSEvans
    CarlaSEvans Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    add me if you would like...Eveyone needs someone to lean on!
  • SJones1965
    Options
    Thanks!! I am so frustated but staying determined
  • CarlaSEvans
    CarlaSEvans Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    what methods are you using for exercise ? are you logging your foods?
  • kratschie
    kratschie Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Try not to eat too less. I am 5'2" and that used to be my biggest mistake. Now that I am exercising 6 times a week I can eat about 1300kcal + exercise calories a day and I am still losing(I am down to 150 now) And I know it's hard to get started and even harder to stick to it. But you made a move into the right direction by signing in here and letting us know you could need some help. Keep it up and feel free to ask questions.
  • anubhavarshney1
    Options
    SJones1965 wrote: »
    Looking for support.... startting exercising daily , walking when i can but cant burdge the scale.
    I did lose 3 lbs last week by eating cottage cheese for breakfast and salads for lunch.. but some how got it back....
    Just need some support.

• farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    SJones1965 wrote: »
    Just need some support.

Did you actually enjoy the cottage cheese and salads or are you torturing yourself with foods you think are "diet?" I tried every "diet"under the sun. I would do low fat, low carb, nutri system, etc...I finally lost my weight by eating the foods I enjoy. I did this by eating at a calorie deficit, sticking to it and realizing it is a life long process. I eat whatever I want, just as long as it fits into my daily goal. Find out what that number is for you and stick to that. It takes some tweeking, time and patience to figure out what works for you but, when I read you were eating cottage cheese for breakfast, my first thought was "ugh, who wants to live like that?!!"
  • SJones1965
    Options
    Yes, i do like cottage cheese (with a spoonful of dices peaches) . It actually helps curb my craving to eat again sooner.
    I am reducing my portions (mainly at dinner because i used to eat until i was full)
    I work out 3-4 times a week at home with free weights, stationary bike and general exercises (side to side toe touches, etc)
    Biggest problem is I Have a desk job and now i am making myself walk every 2 hours (up and down the hall) to break the sedintary day)
  • SJones1965
    Options
    kratschie wrote: »
    Try not to eat too less. I am 5'2" and that used to be my biggest mistake. Now that I am exercising 6 times a week I can eat about 1300kcal + exercise calories a day and I am still losing(I am down to 150 now) And I know it's hard to get started and even harder to stick to it. But you made a move into the right direction by signing in here and letting us know you could need some help. Keep it up and feel free to ask questions.
    Thank you!!!
  • rainbow24596
    rainbow24596 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 49 and I've battled my weight for my entire life. I have a loving husband, two awesome kids and an overweight and loyal dog :) I have a blessed life. I am not happy with my weight in numbers, but mostly my appearance. Meaning I'm not hung up on my scale, just want to enjoy clothes, outdoor activities, and stop avoiding mirrors.

SJONES1965 I can relate to how you feel! Don't be ashamed. I say that for myself too. I am going to try the 30-day walking challenge. It's remaining consistent in my food and exercise that is the biggest hurdle for me right now. Here is the link:
    http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/the-30-day-walking-challenge/
    I guess there is a blog for this, so I'll go find that and join.

I'm tired of feeling ashamed of my body, not wearing the clothes I want to wear, not being able to cross my legs, feel sexy or pass a mirror without cringing. I'm the only one who can change it. I have NEVER joined a community like this, but I'm hoping for encouragement and motivation. I hope to bring that as well. Thanks for listening!
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I have a desk job too. It makes it more difficult to lose, that's for sure. It can be done, it just means taking in less calories to lose weight! Be patient, and it will happen. Everyone is so different. I am also 49. For me to lose I stayed around 1400 calories/day and did not eat back exercise calories. At maintenance, I am around 1700. This number has gone down since the less active winter time!!
  • SJones1965
    Options
    This is a "first" community for me too!! Ive found that even having 1 other person cheer you on helps