Busy mom with lots to lose....

Options
I'm a stay at home mom with two boys (6 & 3). I've been struggling with losing the weight for the past year. Looking for a support system to keep motivated and accountable.

Replies

• scd78
    scd78 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    You are in the right place to get started. Feel free to look me up...I am a mom of 2 as well. The time it takes to lose the extra weight is well worth it when you see the looks in your children's eyes as they wrap their arms around you and exercise with you!
  • smkey
    smkey Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    ShariLee -
    I can completely understand! I have really struggled with my weight all my life... and I have no idea why the simple concept of portion control (calorie counting) and exercise has eluded me.
    I've been doing 1200 calories a day and exercising at least 5x/week and have watched almost 5 lbs melt away each week. It's incredible! You can do it! All it takes is a little determination, will-power and the knowledge that you need and want this! As moms, we take care of everyone else but frequently forget to take time for caring for ourselves! Now is your time! Love yourself enough to lose it!
    Sandi
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    My biggest issue when I was a stay at home mom was that there was always food available, so I ate it. Clean out your cupboards and stock up on fruits and veggies (you'll be teaching your boys to snack healthy at the same time)

And, of course, keep coming back here for support and encouragement!
  • MollyWheeler
    Options
    Working mother of 3 began my weight loss journey 7 years ago(weighed 302lbs) I had the Gastric bypass and lost 162lbs....Not a quick fix...so easy to go back to the old ways! I am still under 200lbs...178 to be exact...but really would love to get back to 150lbs. I've been exercising regularly 4-5 times a week, but food has been the real issue. I love it way to much...:) back into the eating right thing...I have to. I refuse to go back to where I came from!!!!! 300lbs is not an option!!!!!
  • SharriLee
    SharriLee Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks for all of the encouragement. This has been a life long struggle for me as well. I am hopeful with the help of new friends here that I'll be able to stay on track this time.