Late Night Crunch!?!

Options
LeanerBeef
LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
Help! My weakness is the need to have something crunchy to eat at the end of my day while watching TV. So far my choices haven't been too bad, fat free pretzels, a few crackers, something like that. It's annoying, I do great all day but need my fix at night. Any suggestions? Maybe brain wash??

Replies

• TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Carrots, celery, almonds
  • WhyW8
    WhyW8 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Baby carrots, celery, bell pepper strips, 100 cal microwave popcorn (it crunches sort of!) - and this woman I used to work with got these mini-pickles (they come in a single serve container x 4 pack) and she said that really helped her get off of her potato chip craving b/c they had the salt that she needed. I guess keep in mind they prob. have a fair amount of sodium, but if thats not an issue for you maybe check it out.
  • theresa7576
    theresa7576 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I used to pop a bag of the 100 calorie popcorn... mix up a small drizzle of 1 tablespoon of country crock cinnamon and splenda... (or cocoa powder) and drizzle on the popcorn and shake it up. it adds a few calories.. but satisfies both salty and sweet :) I also force mysel to finich 8-10 ounces of water before I dive into a snack. it is hard though- last night I had a couple helpings of pretzles.. but tonight.. not wanting anything :) and so happy!!
  • jessicajoy87
    jessicajoy87 Posts: 905
    Options
    Apples and peanut butter! Crunchy apples! Filling peanut butter!
  • lesliekae
    lesliekae Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    almonds or pickles
  • redrustdobe
    redrustdobe Posts: 43
    Options
    dried green beans? I just tried them and what a great snack! Check a Trader Joe's.
  • lizzil0
    lizzil0 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I just ate a bag of Trader Joe's freeze dried strawberries- crunchy, sweet, sour, delicious. Only 110 calories.
  • kateopotato
    kateopotato Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Kix cereal. Or barbara's puffins cereal. Yum! (dry, of course)