Fitbit Goals and Mfp Goals

Options
Fitbit (I use the surge) suggest a goal, and MFP tell me my goal is diferent. I can assume the calculations were different, but take this example:

Fitbit tells me yesterday that i had 525Calories left to eat since I had X amount of activity.
MFP tells me i am 337 Calories OVER my goal.

Wich is correct? Is there a way to have them sync goals? In this example it's a 862 calories difference! ( it could hurt my results big time)

I am confused!

Replies

• NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I'm not very familiar with fitbit dashboard but I couldn't get both synced so I edited my plan to enter my own calorie goal. On the food part of fitbit, you can edit. There is a set your own target. I clicked on it and set it to the same number as mfp. Hope that helps.
  • dfresh1978
    Options
    What is mfp?
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    dfresh1978 wrote: »
    What is mfp?

You're there baby!
  • JenniferInCt
    JenniferInCt Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Mmm im guessing either your activity level is set too high in mfp, or possibly too low on fitbit. I have a charge hr, but i follow mfp for calories. My fitbit usually says im over 1-200, but i prefer mfp as ive had success losing with their goals.
  • dfresh1978
    Options
    ncboiler89 wrote: »
    dfresh1978 wrote: »
    What is mfp?

You're there baby!

Not sure what that means either
  • G8rRay
    G8rRay Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    mfp = MyFitnessPal(.com)
  • psymon013
    Options
    Ok, i'll tweak the manual goals on fitbit. I did get results in the past with MFP (myfitnesspal) so i'll stick with the suggested calories intake, burn etc...

I'll use My Fitbit Surge for burned calories only!

Thanks!