Not sure what to expect

Options
I just started myfitnesspal like 9 days ago and after inputting my information I am suppose to eat 1200/day. I have also been doing Walk at Home dvd's six times per week. I what to lose about 10 lbs and tone up my belly, butt and thighs. I have lost about 2 lbs since starting logging my food intake, am I being impatient or how long does it take to see results. I have been doing the workouts for about 4 weeks now..thanks!!

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    You've lost two pounds since you began logging nine days ago? That's great! Keep at it.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I think 2 pounds in 9 days is fabulous!
    Keep up the great work!
  • stephiekp
    stephiekp Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I just don't think looking in the mirror I "see" anything different..but thank you!
  • lcooper327
    lcooper327 Posts: 112 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Is your goal set at 2 lbs a week? If so you should change it if youre only trying to lose 10 lbs.
  • nicolefarrior
    Options
    MFP gave me 1200 calories when i started over two months ago, I lost 6 pounds the first week, but i wasn't just limiting my calories, I was keeping up with macros as well. If you are looking for speedier results, you may want to consider what type of foods you are eating in that 1200 calories, just because something fits in the restriction doesn't mean it will be helpful to your goals. Also after the initial water weight (my six pounds) it took me burning about 3500 calories per week to maintain a pound of fat los EACH WEEK with no plateus. Although the walking video is a good start, i highly doubt it will give you the fast results you're looking for. You are off to a great start though and should capatalize on it by adding a new challenge each week, like adding in a short HIIT workout twice a week in addition to your walking DVD and giving up one your weakness, for example sweets or fatty starches (not all, just the bad ones), whatever it is that you know is a problem for you.
  • wwstewart
    wwstewart Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    You won't see every difference. Also, the scale won't tell you every time something changes. Just keep going and eventually both will show you some stuff. :D
  • stevesample76
    stevesample76 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    1-2 pounds per week is perfect. And you wont see 2 lbs in the mirror. I still struggle with what I see in the mirror vs. what I actually look like. I have found that pictures and measurements are a great way to "see" your progress.
  • stephiekp
    stephiekp Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    What should I have my weekly goal set at for losing 10 lbs? Nicole I do also do HIIT training it is included in one of the dvds I have as well as strength training, but I will take a closer look at my foods and see what I can cut out..thanks! Thank you all for your help!!
  • lcooper327
    lcooper327 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    .5 a week.