New at this, but super motivated!

Options
Hi all! I'm only on my 2nd day with MFP, but so far so good! Logging food is really easy on here, but I've found logging exercise to be a little more challenging.

It'd be great to have some people to add....although I'm not entirely sure how to do that yet on here...haha

I've been working out pretty consistenly now for about 5 months and have seen very little weight loss or change. (booooo!) I really hope keeping track of a food diary on a CONSISTENT basis will really help me...as well as having the encouragement of other like-minded people!!!!

Here's to reaching goal weigh!!!!!!

Replies

• katybecker
    katybecker Posts: 18
    Options
    The mobile app makes it extremely easy to enter your foods. I find pretty much everything on here. And the app has a bar code scanner too so you can just scan it and find it. Super easy. I've read that logging your food intake is very important while dieting. I always hated it until I came across this program. It's encouraging to see the calories burned from working out too. I even found gardening on here. I had no idea that burned so many calories! What kind of exercising have you been doing? I'm sorry to hear it's not helping you with losing lbs. I hope MFP and all of us other users help. =)
  • KimStoner
    KimStoner Posts: 5
    Options
    Yes, it's definitely encouraging to see the results of working out in numbers. Gardening???!! haha...that's interesting. Normally at the gym I do a solid 30 minutes of cardio on the eliptical...and that is the only thing that is easy to log in the exercise part, in my opinion. I also do 30 minutes of strength training with various different pieces of equipment. I guess I just don't know the technical terms for the exercise to be able to look it up.
  • Jbauer41
    Jbauer41 Posts: 55
    Options
    New too -- sent a friend request. As long as you're committed to counting everything you put into your mouth and all the exercise you are doing -- this website is great at helping you in your journey.

Good luck! :happy:
  • KimStoner
    KimStoner Posts: 5
    Options
    LeT'S Do THiS!!!! :D