Attempting to lose 220 pounds, looking for support!

Options
Hey everyone. I've been here before on a different account but never took advantage of the community section and I wanted to try it out this time. I'm twenty two years old standing at 360 pounds. As the title states, I'm (finally) embarking on this journey to become healthy and fit. I have a long road ahead and would love to give and receive support. Anyone can add/message me if they would like. I'm just going to be doing this the old fashioned way, eating less while moving more, hope some of you would like to join me :)

Replies

• hayley916
    Options
    Hey! First off well done for taking the first step. I too have decided to take the plunge to a fit and healthier lifestyle. I'll be doing this by myself so am going to need motivating! :/ and ill be here to help and support you.
  • emmaford02
    emmaford02 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Alright girls, I've been here a week now an I've lost 6ib , the most I've Eva lost is 4.5ib, so I'm REALY pleased with the app! How are u guys doing?
  • cellahmar
    Options
    Hey good luck ! I've been on this app too before, but never used the community forums as well. I lost the weight I wanted, but sorta gained it back after my first sem in college. Now I would like to keep it off. I hope we can help motivate each other !
  • Reneesjourney2bfit
    Reneesjourney2bfit Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi all, looking for new friends, for motivation and support...I've already lost 106 lbs need to lose 130 something more...have a long journey to go..doing it the old fashion way less calories and exercise..if you would like to add me, would be great...I'm on daily, try to help when I can. Been on MFP since August 2014 but doing it on my own since June 2014...just love this site...something that keeps me on track right now ..and keeps me grounded and I love it and it works so I'm going to keep working it.
  • AnnaEllie2015
    AnnaEllie2015 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You have my support. Wish you success. You can follow me on my Facebook page Lose weight, Get fit, Stay Healthy. It has tips and advise that has worked for me. You can also share your progress and ask questions etc.
  • jennjam99
    Options
    I too have 100+lbs. to lose and this is my first time using this community for support. My plan is smaller meals, less sugar, and exercise of some sort every day. Good luck to you and you have my support.
  • whiskeyjack00
    whiskeyjack00 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey guys. You've already got most of the people that want to lose weight beat. You understand that the human body, just as the rest of the physical world, operates under the laws of physics. Count those calories and be honest!.

I recommend examine.com for peer reviewed and trustworthy research on most all topics related to fitness. (No I don't work for them).
  • amdouthitt
    amdouthitt Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey girl! Congrats on making the decision for a healthier you! You've got this! ;) I'm trying to lose half of myself - 150 lbs. I'm down 4 lbs since my start date last Monday.
  • robinmrams
    robinmrams Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am so with you!!! I am at 460 right now, I also have been here before but didn't use the site as I should have. I feel ready now, and this time feels different than all the other starts ... I'm just done feeling the way I feel now. Anyway feel free to add me :p
  • roxbrangelsus4
    Options
    This is my first time here, it's great to know we can support each other. :)
  • CarlaSEvans
    CarlaSEvans Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the first step! Good luck to you! I am here if you'd like to add! :)
  • kmtzts
    kmtzts Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi! I too have used the app before but never the community section. Didn't even realize there was this section. :p I'm Kimberly. 25 and over 100 lbs to lose. Let's be buddies :)
  • chynnadoll615
    chynnadoll615 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Totally supporting you on this journey. I too need to lose like 120lbs so don't be a stranger. Feel free to add me....
  • summercore
    summercore Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent! My orginal plan was to loose 171 lbs (from 301 to 130lbs), I have lost 102lbs and still love the app! It's amazing to get consistent support from others and "sneak a peek" at the meals others are eating. It's been a great help to me in staying focused. Best of luck to you!!
  • donpik18
    donpik18 Posts: 1
    Options
    Everyone looks so young well Im an older lady at 61. I have 130 pounds to loose and was advised by my Dr with my medical problems I now have no choices. I have no support at home so that in itself makes it difficult. I thought of Dr Atkins because I see so many on Facebook lose so much weight. Seems the weight just creped on until you say wow when did all that happen. Now its time to be able to say wow did I lose that much this week. I also used the app before and starting fresh and WILL stay with it this time. Any help or advise will certainly be welcome. Sorry for rambling. :)
  • Lynniebinny76
    Lynniebinny76 Posts: 455 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Wow... I'm with most of you - some success with mfp before but giving a 2nd go using the community this time :) have a good home support network but that's t different than people who are on the same journey. We'll all get this - together! Feel free to add me!!
  • headovermeals
    Options
    Wow I'm overwhelmed by the response to this post, thank you all. It's very encouraging!
  • DonnaHilston
    DonnaHilston Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    This is my first day here and I am so glad to see all the positive responses. Taking the first step if (always) for me the hardest. You have taken that first step and I know you will do well!
  • spngnetwork
    spngnetwork Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Congrats on making a change! You're well on your way! :smile:
  • cloverblossoms
    cloverblossoms Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to lose about 247 lbs so I'm right there with you! Today is day one for me and so far so good. I wish you all the best and lots of luck. Maybe we can help each other out along the way!