cardio trainer app

Options
Has anyone ever used this app? How accurate is it? (Calories burned?)

Replies

• Mommyof3texans
    Options
    It's probably as accurate as any method that uses a basic calculation based on weight and gender. You can however, use a bluetooth capable HRM with it and it will be more accurate.
  • PeaceMe
    PeaceMe Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I love Cardio Trainer, and it's calorie count is always the same as or slightly lower that my HRM
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I use it for runs and bike rides. I use my HRM in conjunction so I can't speak for the calorie burn accuracy. Although last time I took a long ride, I happened to notice that the calorie burn reported by CardioTrainer was almost identical to my HRM-reported calorie burn AFTER I subtracted my RMR calories. That may have just been coincidence.
  • hgmoore44
    hgmoore44 Posts: 43
    Options
    I use it for runs and bike rides. I use my HRM in conjunction so I can't speak for the calorie burn accuracy. Although last time I took a long ride, I happened to notice that the calorie burn reported by CardioTrainer was almost identical to my HRM-reported calorie burn AFTER I subtracted my RMR calories. That may have just been coincidence.
    . What are rmr calories??
  • hgmoore44
    Options
    I love Cardio Trainer, and it's calorie count is always the same as or slightly lower that my HRM
    . Thanks!!! I'm going to start using it until I can get my hrm
  • hgmoore44
    Options
    It's probably as accurate as any method that uses a basic calculation based on weight and gender. You can however, use a bluetooth capable HRM with it and it will be more accurate.
    . I'm. Going to get one when I can. I want to get a really good one. So ill just wait to get the one I want instead of buying one now and then having to buy another one.
  • hgmoore44
    Options
    . I'm. Going to get one when I can. I want to get a really good one. So ill just wait to get the one I want instead of buying one now and then having to buy another one.
  • katybecker
    katybecker Posts: 18
    Options
    LOVE Cardio Trainer app! I use it for jogging and walking. From what I can tell, it's pretty accurate.
  • allimax2002
    allimax2002 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I use cardio trainer. I very much like it, esp that it keeps up with me via GPS. And that I can play my music thru the program. As far as the calorie count, I find it to be lower than what my HRM says. But not by a whole lot and I'm way chubby so I'm not sure it understands the effort I'm trying to give! :-)
  • hgmoore44
    Options
    Thanks you guys so much for your replies!!!!!