Hair Loss

Options
2»

Replies

• tinky452
    tinky452 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi i hope this helps im 34 and last year changed my diet and started running im 9st11 at present was 9st 3 at yhe time after a visit to the hairdressers she told mevi had started with alopecia i had a small bald spot underneith my hair smooth as a babys bum she told me to go see dc which i did the patch had frown from a 50pn piece size to the size of a fist i was heartbroke which made it worse and it kept growing my doctor too 9 blood samples in total and found i was low in iron and vitamin d since takin these my hair is starting to grow back veryyyy slowly it now feels like stubble and is visable check ur vit d and iron x x
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Please don't starve yourself!!! I know people with gastric surgeries have very low-calorie diets, but they are doctor supervised to make sure their nutritional needs are met. It sounds like you've just let yourself become malnourished. I'm sorry your dr is ignoring you though..grr :(
  • kathyww09
    kathyww09 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thx for your support. I did speak to my heart dr yesterday. His only concern about my eating was not drinking enough water. He saw my food logs and said that i am getting the nutrients i need. I am still seeing the gastric dr on the 21st to double check. Meanwhile im up to 1,000 cal day. I love MFP and this awesome community!!!