Have you set reminders on you mfp
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Food scale and consistency
  • sjrutherf
    sjrutherf Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Keep at it. Don't let it discourage you. Tomorrow is a new day!
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Pre-logging rules. Try it!
  • hyIianprincess
    hyIianprincess Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    One day won't effect your progress much. It's continuous overeating that leads to weight gain. You'll be fine :) Get back on track tomorrow.
  • rosnigetsfit
    rosnigetsfit Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    We all have been there. Don't get discouraged. What matters most is how you handle it.
  • dfresh1978
    Options
    We all have been there. Don't get discouraged. What matters most is how you handle it.

Thx
  • dfresh1978
    Options
    One day won't effect your progress much. It's continuous overeating that leads to weight gain. You'll be fine :) Get back on track tomorrow.
    Over eating is a big issue for me
  • exstromn
    exstromn Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    You can do this, be accountable to yourself starting now and don't look back:)
  • dfresh1978
    Options
    alharris04 wrote: »
    Have you set reminders on you mfp

Not sure what mfp is im new too this app
  • dfresh1978
    Options
    exstromn wrote: »
    You can do this, be accountable to yourself starting now and don't look back:)

Thx im trying
  • CarlaSEvans
    CarlaSEvans Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    it's one step at a time! the only one accountable for you ...is you! You got this! :)
  • bklyngal72
    bklyngal72 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You can do this....I just started a week ago and it's hard but I am determined....so are you
  • DaneanP
    DaneanP Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Look, we all blow it from time to time and it takes time and practice to form new habits. Yesterday when I got home from feasting, I was pretty proud of myself that I only went over by 400 calories. Well, this morning I magically remembered about some appetizers that I forgot to log. I normally would've just blown it off, but I remembered that I'm only cheating myself. So I went back and logged it in. 925 calories over. Wow.

But I think the victory here is that I am being honest with myself now. No more letting things slide. Trying to set new habits. It can be done. Log it and move on.
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Hi!! I saw on your profile you have 250 lbs to go. I have a friend on here (MFP)who belongs to overeaters anonymous. She has learned so much about why she overate and this supportive community has helped her tremendously. Maybe this is something you want to look into...:)
  • spngnetwork
    spngnetwork Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I used to overeat a lot, and I know resisting the urge is difficult. I find it's good to have a snack between meals and drink plenty of water. At first didn't believe this stuff about water tricking your body into thinking you're full. But it's helped me for the past few weeks.
  • dfresh1978
    Options
    I used to overeat a lot, and I know resisting the urge is difficult. I find it's good to have a snack between meals and drink plenty of water. At first didn't believe this stuff about water tricking your body into thinking you're full. But it's helped me for the past few weeks.

I do think a lot of water i do believe it is helping. I do snack between meals unfortunately its unhealthy snacks lol
  • spngnetwork
    spngnetwork Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    dfresh1978 wrote: »

I do think a lot of water i do believe it is helping. I do snack between meals unfortunately its unhealthy snacks lol

I was the worst with not-so-healthy snacks, took everything in me to ignore the vending machine or student snack store at work. I started buying peanuts and granola in bulk, then just keep them in small containers near my desk or in my backpack.
  • uptoyoufitness
    uptoyoufitness Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    DaneanP,
    Great job going back and logging in those apps! You should be proud that you're being honest with yourself; sometimes that is the hardest thing to do. You know, if you don't acknowledge it then it must not exist!
    Great example for the rest of us. Bad moment of overeating, log it, and move on. Kudos for the accountability.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    nwa2e0jqsl27.jpg