Has anyone ever tried the "zero belly fat" diet?

Options
I was skimming through this book and the reviews say its legit. Wondered if anyone had any experience with it?

Replies

• markjacobs1987
    markjacobs1987 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I don't really know anything about that, but really the best way to go about losing weight is just eating healthy and exercising. Just don't eat junk and move around and the pounds will come off.
  • Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    legit ? Just the title " Zero Belly Fat" is unrealistic
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    I follow the CICO diet.
  • never2bstopped
    never2bstopped Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I was skimming through this book and the reviews say its legit. Wondered if anyone had any experience with it?

Will you count cals on it?
    Will it put you in a deficit?
    Will it give you enough food to keep from killing small animals for food?
    Can you see yourself eating this way for the long haul?

If you answer no to any of the above than my answer is no it is not legit.
  • DeannaSofia886
    DeannaSofia886 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I guess the gyst - is dont eat sugars and starches, dont eat dairy, dont eat red meat, dont eat processed food. Which I suppose is mostly good advice but you all are right - more of a fad than a lifestyle.
  • Camo_xxx
    Options
    Thanks for the good laugh !
    I went to Amazon to read the reviews but didn't even make it past the books pitch of " turn off your fat genes"
    If you could turn off your fat genes how would you get your energy ? Your body stores fat for energy, it is 100% essential for life.
    You have to much belly fat because you ate to much. Eat less and use some of your stored energy and your belly fat will be reduced.
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Seriously, just eat less food. You need a calorie deficient to lose weight. That's it. I went from 167lbs to 149lbs in 118 days just by reducing intake. No exercise, other than like 4 walks.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    I guess the gyst - is dont eat sugars and starches, dont eat dairy, dont eat red meat, dont eat processed food. Which I suppose is mostly good advice but you all are right - more of a fad than a lifestyle.

Based on that...total bunk
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    The book gives you a list of foods to eat to target belly fat. You can't target belly fat. It's impossible. Losing weight is like trying to dry out a sponge, you can't dry a corner while the rest of the sponge is still wet. You can't target your belly fat. Your body will burn it when your genetics say to (often it is the last to go).

It also suggests a cleanse. Cleanses are unnecessary and can potentially cause more harm than good.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options

This sounds like I can't eat peeps. I'm out.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    The book gives you a list of foods to eat to target belly fat. You can't target belly fat. It's impossible. Losing weight is like trying to dry out a sponge, you can't dry a corner while the rest of the sponge is still wet. You can't target your belly fat. Your body will burn it when your genetics say to (often it is the last to go).

It also suggests a cleanse. Cleanses are unnecessary and can potentially cause more harm than good.

^This seems like the proper response. /Thread.
  • holyfenix
    holyfenix Posts: 99 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Camo_xxx wrote: »
    Thanks for the good laugh !
    I went to Amazon to read the reviews but didn't even make it past the books pitch of " turn off your fat genes"
    If you could turn off your fat genes how would you get your energy ? Your body stores fat for energy, it is 100% essential for life.
    You have to much belly fat because you ate to much. Eat less and use some of your stored energy and your belly fat will be reduced.
    You didn't get the switch to turn off your fat genes. Crappy genetics for you I guess. Mine is located on my bum, right next to the super speed muscle gain switch. Maybe they offer a surgery for it.

I love that fad diets continue to exist. People always looking for the easy way. If someone ever does come up with a pill that actually burns fat regardless of what you eat they will be the richest person in the world.
  • Camo_xxx
    Options

That is not good advise, that is jibber jabber meant to sell you a book and diet plan.
    You can eat any food in moderation. Balanced macros is the key. Protein, fat, carbs
    To lose fat you must consume fewer calories then you burn., it is as simple as that. Eat at a calorie deficit.
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    I have Zero Tolerance for belly fat.

I have *never* eaten belly fat in my entire life, and I never will.

Zero belly fat.
  • never2bstopped
    never2bstopped Posts: 438 Member
    Options

Zero belly fat.

Pork belly..... You have missed out!!!
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options

So... you eat air on this?
  • Emilia777
    Emilia777 Posts: 978 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

Zero belly fat.

Even pork belly??? Nomnomnom. Oh wait, someone beat me to it.

Basically what everyone else said. That’s nonsense. You can’t target weight loss by a caloric deficit, and you certainly can’t target fat storage zones by eating specific foods. If you eat at a deficit and especially workout (cardio/lifting) you’d be much better off than following some silly rules IMO.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options

"Look guise! Zero belly fat."

skeleton_HArticle.jpg
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options

The gist is not good advice at all

It's scaremongering based on fads and latest trends

Avoid
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    _Waffle_ wrote: »

"Look guise! Zero belly fat."

skeleton_HArticle.jpg

Serious life goals for some folks on here Pahahahahaha