Easter Binge

Options
Holy Scary Scales! Not pretty this morning. Anybody else pack on the pounds this Easter weekend? Scales were up 4.4 pounds this morning. Going to push the water today and get right back on track. I will not let this get me down!

Replies

• melduf
    melduf Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Nope! Lost 1 cm at the waist actually (I haven't weighed yet). I set up a 3 bite rule for the weekend. I take 3 bites of what is offered to me (chocolate, sweets, etc.) and then I have to stop. Otherwise it's 30 burpees. No burpees so far!!

But I used to be "no hold barred". Chocolate is a huge pitfall for me. Add me :)
  • marsandval
    marsandval Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Scale was up for me too. I had been doing really well with sticking to my calorie limits and getting in 15,000 steps a day. Yesterday though, Turkey dinner, chocolate,alcohol. Back at it today though, lots of water too. Don't fret too much Laurie, you will drop back down in a few days
  • lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I was at my parent's house over the weekend and my mother made a traditional Polish/Russian Easter dinner; kielbasa, paska, cheeses and other really great foods. I ate too much even though I swore to myself I wouldn't. Up 3 pounds this morning. As my friend says; "Yesterday ended at midnight." I'm making sensible food choices today and I'll go to the gym later after work.
  • lbetancourt
    lbetancourt Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I packed on 2-3lbs. Must have been the two pink velvet cupcakes that I consumed. Yum! Back on track today!
  • qwertymmii
    qwertymmii Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    It was like I was in a trance. I knew I wanted to limit my intake and yet I had a big meal with each side of the family. I filled out my food diary honestly of what I could remember I ate. "If you ate like this every day you would weigh (12 lbs more) by May 6th." Yikes! What was different this year was that I did not get seconds on anything. Small victory/excuse. Well today is another day and I am determined to get back to the plan.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Don't weigh after you have a huge cheat meal or binge because the scale will be up from water weight & sodium. I had a huge binge day around my period a few weeks ago & had gained 7 pounds in a day & now a little over a week later I am back to my maintenance weight of 153.
  • ladyblue100
    ladyblue100 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I think I went up two pounds but I was fairly active this is weekend with taking the dog for walks. I didn't have much Easter stuff around. I had two coolers. And only one big dinner Sunday. This week I plan to do more Pilates and keep up with the walking. Just stay focused on ur goals and I am sure you will be back on track in no time :)
  • annie422
    annie422 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    melduf wrote: »
    Nope! Lost 1 cm at the waist actually (I haven't weighed yet). I set up a 3 bite rule for the weekend. I take 3 bites of what is offered to me (chocolate, sweets, etc.) and then I have to stop. Otherwise it's 30 burpees. No burpees so far!!

But I used to be "no hold barred". Chocolate is a huge pitfall for me. Add me :)

Love this! I'm going to try to implement the 3 bite rule in the future. I overindulged some on Saturday, a lot on Sunday, but luckily was really good during the week and ended up losing 1lb for the week overall. Back on track though. It's the kids Easter baskets still on the kitchen counter that are going to kill me. I need to get them out of sight asap.
  • MindySaysWhaaat
    MindySaysWhaaat Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    My scale was up about 2 pounds this morning. I'm not too worried about it.
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    There were a lot of comments on my feed this morning about not eating well at all. I'd say you're in good company.
  • Ryanne_Olivia
    Ryanne_Olivia Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yep, you're not alone! Packed on about 3 lbs. I know it's mostly water weight from carbs so I started a detox this morning. Need to do some overtime in the gym as well.
  • alicaramik2
    alicaramik2 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I don't weigh myself until Wednesday. I've got my fingers crossed that any damage done will be a little less by then.
  • MissGrits
    MissGrits Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Easter was a huge diet disaster. My sister only made recipes blessed by Paula Deen. After 2 months of eating well, my husband was physically ill from all the fat in the dishes. Even though they were seriously delish, not worth the suffering.

Our Easter bunny brought limited chocolate and gave dried fruits and nuts instead. But the family gave the boys tons of chocolate -- which they won't eat but will be a horrible temptation for me for weeks to come! I drinking tons of water today to try and mitigate the damages.
  • valkoffe41
    Options
    I luckily was able to find some seafood at my easter dinner, and stuck to that! I ate salmon & shrimp, along with a few bites of garlic mashed potatoes, which were probably the most calorie-dense food I consumed. But I was able to avoid the dessert table & the alcohol, so ill call that a success. I still did go over my calorie budget by around 100-200 calories per day, so I dont think Ill be dropping lbs this week :'(
  • csteuter
    csteuter Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Up 3 pounds this morning. Ate another chocolate Easter bunny. And Lay's bbq chips. So mad at myself.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Easter is next week for me. I usually set a goal to gain a few pounds on holidays, but this time I don't feel like it. My appetite isn't scaling up and I don't feel like eating chocolate. I guess I will be losing or maintaining this easter.
  • rambabean
    rambabean Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I had an amazing weekend with my family and ate so much my stomach hurts!! So worth it, but definitely not weighing myself until after I've not back into my normal routine.

Feel happier knowing lots of you guys were naughty this weekend :) Anyone find it hard to go back to being good after they have gone off the wagon?
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    -1 lb. It's good to be a Jew.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Why would I weigh myself when I've been suffering from PMS anyway lol. I probably have 4 or 5 pounds of water retention right now. I'll weigh after my period...
  • 19laurie
    19laurie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have only been trying to lose weight for a month, and at first it was going great, a steady downhill by a few ounces every morning, then last week I hit my first plateau and the weight stayed the same for FOUR days. I was very frustrated, and decided Easter should be a "cheat" day - and cheat I did - I ate soooo much junk food and chocolate yesterday. I slept awful (maybe my body isn't used to so much sugar anymore) and expected the scale to be up several pounds - instead I was shocked that it actually dropped a pound and a half from where I had been stuck all last week. I immediately started thinking that the chocolate diet must be the way to go. But in all honesty I think I'm majorly dehydrated because I didn't drink any water yesterday, and no doubt the scale will not be so kind to me tomorrow morning. So I'm here reading through the forums getting motivation to get back on track! It helps that I'm not the only one to majorly fail and to hear that it's okay to just move on and not stress about it.