time to take my health and weight seriously as I feel revolting!!

Options
I'm 45, drinking far too much alcohol and eating like a pig. Took a promotion a year ago and have lost my way through stress. I have lost who I am and I need to find myself again and be the person I truly want to be, help please

Replies

• urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    Wow you sound done and ready to change your ways. welcome. its a good site with a valid system that works using visuals (numbers) for accountability and a community to keep us on the straight and narrow and edu. on food, exercise and nutrition. you will enjoy your time here and the results/
  • llonka
    llonka Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Stay honest and true to yourself, log everyday and everything and you will go far! <3
  • loserwinner140
    loserwinner140 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Welcome! The first step to changing is realizing that you WANT to. Sounds like you're there! This is a great site for giving you the tools to hold yourself accountable for what you eat and drink - use the tools honestly and consistently and you'll see great results!!

• rugbyphreak
    rugbyphreak Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you've already admitted to having a problem and are reaching out for help, so congrats on making the biggest step. :)

From here on out, stay accountable to yourself. Be honest with how much you're consuming. Read labels and follow portion sizes. Find something active that you enjoy. I hate running, so I won't do it, simple as that. But I love swimming, walking, and riding my bicycle, so I do that for my activity instead. If you hate something, you won't do it for very long. Start by making small changes. Cut back on the beer for now if you don't feel comfortable eliminating it completely. Drink more water instead of soda. Eat a piece of fruit or a vegetable every day. Make one change every week or two and you won't feel so overwhelmed. Surround yourself with positive people, like the people on MFP.

The biggest thing is to just be patient and stick with it. Results won't be immediate. You will have set backs. It may take you a year or two to get to your goal, but every healthy decision you make is a step in the right direction.