Breakfast

Options
What are some quick breakfast ideas that are low in calories but keep you full for a long time

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Have you tried nothing?

I am being serious. As soon as I start to eat, I need to eat at regular intervals, so if I leave my first meal as late as possible I get more food later in the day
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, protein powder shake, greek yogurt, string cheese stick, etc.
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of oatmeal with some PB2 stirred in (look it up!) and maybe fruit if I'm feeling frisky. I wake up ravenous!
  • Jcox300
    Jcox300 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of oatmeal with some PB2 stirred in (look it up!) and maybe fruit if I'm feeling frisky. I wake up ravenous!

PB2?
  • Jcox300
    Options
    Have you tried nothing?

I am being serious. As soon as I start to eat, I need to eat at regular intervals, so if I leave my first meal as late as possible I get more food later in the day

If I eat to late I feel like my sugar drops
  • MamaJ1974
    MamaJ1974 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I fry about six ounces of potato with red pepper and onion in a little canola oil. Add some spinach and let it wilt. Top it all with an over-easy egg. I'm full for hours after this.
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    Options
    I eat like livinglean...try and start my day of eating as late as possible. BUT when I do eat breakfast I have something small but high protein...an egg, 1/2 cup of greek yogurt, 1/2 cup cottage cheese, ounce of cheddar are my go to's. My husband has blood sugar problems as well and has to eat as soon as he wakes up, complex carbs and protein seem to be what works for him.
  • crazyjerseygirl
    Options
    Jdavis3111 wrote: »

PB2?

Powdered peanut butter you reconstitute with water. Removing the oil from the peanuts means it's 45kcal/2tbls vs 200
  • Jcox300
    Options

PB2?

Powdered peanut butter you reconstitute with water. Removing the oil from the peanuts means it's 45kcal/2tbls vs 200

Awesome! is that next to the regular peanutbutter? do you just put the powder in the regular oatmeal or reconstitute it first then stir in?
  • ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    I like to pre-bake a bunch of fritatas on the weekend and have them for breakfast/lunch at work.
  • SaraB_82
    SaraB_82 Posts: 45 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I'm one of those people that has to have breakfast or my day is total crap. Nine times out of ten I go with oatmeal. It takes 2 and a half minutes in the microwave and I'm ready to go!

Very filling and I can put different stuff in it each day for variety. I usually go with some kind of berry, chopped nuts, and a little brown sugar and cinnamon. I've started adding in chia seeds as an experiment in "super foods." LOL. Just make sure you have a scale if you're gonna do nuts because it's very easy to blow through your calories just by eyeballing those.
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    1 egg with 2 pcs whole grain white toast seems to keep me surprisingly full for 4-5 hrs.
  • cathychyeah
    cathychyeah Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I always go with porridge but leave it as late as possible. Something slow released is best so you don't get hungry bang on 12
  • WoWkat
    WoWkat Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    For breakfast I have two GG Unique Fiber Scandinavian Bran Crispbread crackers and one Laughing Cow Swiss Cheese spread over the tops. It is only 75 calories but REALLY fills me up (I cannot figure out why, because I would starve to death if I had bread with cheese on it instead).
  • crazyjerseygirl
    Options

PB2?

Awesome! is that next to the regular peanutbutter? do you just put the powder in the regular oatmeal or reconstitute it first then stir in?

I got it off of Amazon because I get EVERYTHING off Amazon. I didn't see it in my Shop Rite, but it might be in a place like Whole Goods.

And yes I plop 1tbl in dry plain oatmeal then add the hot water to everything!

Oh, and if you add it to frozen mashed bananas you get banana peanutbutter ice cream!

Goes good in yogurt too. Tablespoon stirred in a cup of Greek yogurt, add a teaspoon of cocoa powder, mix and chill.

Mmmmmm. Now I'm hungry....
  • BCUONZO
    BCUONZO Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I eat oatmeal almost every morning for breakfast but when I want to change it up I love making a breakfast sandwich with 1 whole egg, two egg whites scrambled, turkey bacon, and a little avocado on a whole wheat english muffin. Its very satisfying and has a good balance of nutrients.