Help with eating during late night studying for exams

Options
i am going to nursing school and I have 6 months left before I receive my RN degree. Any suggestions on what I can do when I'm studying and what to snack on whatever I can get my hands on?

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Prelog your day to include those late night munchies.
  • tonihunter945
    tonihunter945 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    That's a good idea! I didn't even think about doing that! Thank you
  • lcooper327
    lcooper327 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    It doesn't get easier once you start to work long or weird hours so forming good habits now will definitely help you in the long run. I agree that prelogging will be your best friend.
  • tonihunter945
    Options
    Thank you! I'm making a weekly food like and then I can shop for the food I need and will be eating. Then I will log it and I hope it helps me
  • allieO3390
    allieO3390 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm in vet school and I have the same problem. I found that having healthy snacks helps a lot too. I usually want it to help keep me awake so I gravitate towards mindless eating of chips/candy. If you replace that with fruits and veggies and pre-log, you can get away with eating a fair amount while you study. I particularly like carrots and apples because they are crunchy and keep me chewing which keeps me awake.
  • tonihunter945
    Options
    Thank you because I eat a lot of carbs when I study
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Don't eat at all, sip on tea instead.
  • tonihunter945
    Options
    I could try that also. Thank you
  • FaileBashere
    FaileBashere Posts: 27 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Late night is when I tend to crave sweet things. I noticed that there are some good low calorie options. Like frozen grapes. Frozen yogurt (I don't mean ice cream, I mean making freeze pops out of chobani greek yogurt). In fact, Chobani has these new pouches (like gogurt) that are freezable and are only 50 calories each. The reason I prefer frozen stuff is because for me, they take longer to eat, which makes it more satisfying than just popping it into your mouth and being done. If you crave chocolate, I also use the Dole Chocolate Covered Strawberries (in the freezer aisle). They are 70% dark chocolate (two strawberries cut in half for a total of 4 slices per pouch) and only 60 calories a pouch. Works for me!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    as mentioned prelog and pre prepare your snacks. If you like your carbs prep them in a baggie for a serving and log it. Keep ice water, tea etc to curb munchies, make sure you get up from studying as well to stretch every once in a while and keep the blood flowing.

Apply this to when you are working as well...I find prelogging and preping snacks etc help a tonne...
  • tonihunter945
    Options
    Late night is when I tend to crave sweet things. I noticed that there are some good low calorie options. Like frozen grapes. Frozen yogurt (I don't mean ice cream, I mean making freeze pops out of chobani greek yogurt). In fact, Chobani has these new pouches (like gogurt) that are freezable and are only 50 calories each. The reason I prefer frozen stuff is because for me, they take longer to eat, which makes it more satisfying than just popping it into your mouth and being done. If you crave chocolate, I also use the Dole Chocolate Covered Strawberries (in the freezer aisle). They are 70% dark chocolate (two strawberries cut in half for a total of 4 slices per pouch) and only 60 calories a pouch. Works for me!

Thank you! Will try that too!
  • tonihunter945
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    as mentioned prelog and pre prepare your snacks. If you like your carbs prep them in a baggie for a serving and log it. Keep ice water, tea etc to curb munchies, make sure you get up from studying as well to stretch every once in a while and keep the blood flowing.

Apply this to when you are working as well...I find prelogging and preping snacks etc help a tonne...
    SezxyStef wrote: »

I've been to the store and I did what you all suggested. I made up my food for a week. Thank you all
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,871 Member
    Options
    - Plan it into your day
    - veggies are great snacks an low calorie
    - enjoy a cup of tea or coffee
    - develop healthy habits now, it never gets easier...there's always something
  • tonihunter945
    Options
    Yes heathy eating habits is the key