21 Day Fix Salad Dressing Recipes ??

Options
heatherc369
heatherc369 Posts: 1,555 Member
So I am poor but trying and to eat healthy (I'm sure I am not the only one who knows this can be a difficult task at times) and I am going to attempt the 21day fix meal plan (I found guides online so I do not have to buy the pricey plan even though I am a BB coach I cannot afford it). I looked around online and most of the "21 day fix salad dressings" require so many ingredients! Do any of you have any that are easier/cheaper to make?
Thanks in Advance :)

Replies

• teamvictorcosta
    teamvictorcosta Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I don't know about the 21 day fix- will be looking it up! Meantime, the best healthy salad I've had lately was fresh arugula with a squeeze of lemon and grated fresh parmesan cheese and fresh ground black pepper. Serve it along side a grilled skinless boneless chicken breast and it's really a treat.
  • heatherc369
    Options
    Thank you :)
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I buy a bottle of red wine vinegar and stuff 2 or 3 cloves of garlic into it. It gives it a great flavor. 1 Tbsp of that and 1/2 Tbsp of really good olive oil. I add feta to all my salads and the three combine to form a creamy really yummy dressing for any of the salads I love. It's super cheap. You use so little of the olive oil it lasts ages and the red wine vinegar is only a few dollars.

If you wanted creamier you could put an avocado in the food processor with some garlic and spices and the juice of a lime (adding a little water to thin it to a pourable consistency) High fats, but good for you.

If you want good 'ole ranch (and don't mind the higher fat/calories) you could mix buttermilk, mayo, garlic, onion powder, salt, pepper, dill, and what other spice floats your boat into the food processor.
  • BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    21 Day Fix Dressings (Orange Container)

Creamy/Thick herb dressing for salads or veggie dip!

Minutes to Prepare: 10
    Minutes to Cook: 2
    Number of Servings: 12

Ingredients

1 medium avocado, cut into chunks
    1-1/2 C nonfat plain greek yogurt
    4 Tbsp finely chopped parsley
    3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
    1 dash of white pepper
    1/3 C extra virgin olive oil

Directions:

Place all ingredients in blender, except for the olive oil. Blend until smooth. Slowly add in the oil and blend well. Store in the refrigerator, tightly sealed/covered until ready for use.

Serving Size: 12 servings, 6 tsp each serving

Balsamic Vinaigrette
    6 tbsp of balsamic vinegar
    1/4 cups of fresh lemon juice
    1 tsp. of raw honey ( or pure maple syrup)
    2 tsp. Dijon mustard
    6 tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil

1. Combine vinegar, lemon juice, and honey in a medium bowl, whisk to blend.
    2. Stir in mustard and mix well
    3. Slowly add oil while whisking and mix well

Tip store in covered container in the refrigerator. If dressing thickens when cold hold at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.

Dijon Vinaigrette Dressing

Ingredients

3 tbsp red wine vinegar
    3 tbsp lemon juice (fresh is best but I use concentrated most of the time)
    3 tbsp Dijon mustard
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    1/4 tsp sea salt
    1/4 tsp black pepper
    6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
    Instructions

In a glass mason jar (or a medium Tupperware bowl works fine as well) combine all the ingredients.
    Place lid and shake until it’s mixed. If you’re using a bowl, just whisk it for a few seconds.
    Store in the fridge, covered and take out 30 minutes prior to serving so it softens a bit. Or, if you forget to do that (like I always do), zap it in the microwave for 5 seconds.
  • heatherc369
    Options
    MyM0wM0w wrote: »
    I buy a bottle of red wine vinegar and stuff 2 or 3 cloves of garlic into it. It gives it a great flavor. 1 Tbsp of that and 1/2 Tbsp of really good olive oil. I add feta to all my salads and the three combine to form a creamy really yummy dressing for any of the salads I love. It's super cheap. You use so little of the olive oil it lasts ages and the red wine vinegar is only a few dollars.

If you wanted creamier you could put an avocado in the food processor with some garlic and spices and the juice of a lime (adding a little water to thin it to a pourable consistency) High fats, but good for you.

If you want good 'ole ranch (and don't mind the higher fat/calories) you could mix buttermilk, mayo, garlic, onion powder, salt, pepper, dill, and what other spice floats your boat into the food processor.

These sound amazing and inexpensive! thank you!

• heatherc369
    Options
    21 Day Fix Dressings (Orange Container)

Creamy/Thick herb dressing for salads or veggie dip!

Minutes to Prepare: 10
    Minutes to Cook: 2
    Number of Servings: 12

Ingredients

1 medium avocado, cut into chunks
    1-1/2 C nonfat plain greek yogurt
    4 Tbsp finely chopped parsley
    3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
    1 dash of white pepper
    1/3 C extra virgin olive oil

Directions:

Place all ingredients in blender, except for the olive oil. Blend until smooth. Slowly add in the oil and blend well. Store in the refrigerator, tightly sealed/covered until ready for use.

Serving Size: 12 servings, 6 tsp each serving

Balsamic Vinaigrette
    6 tbsp of balsamic vinegar
    1/4 cups of fresh lemon juice
    1 tsp. of raw honey ( or pure maple syrup)
    2 tsp. Dijon mustard
    6 tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil

1. Combine vinegar, lemon juice, and honey in a medium bowl, whisk to blend.
    2. Stir in mustard and mix well
    3. Slowly add oil while whisking and mix well

Tip store in covered container in the refrigerator. If dressing thickens when cold hold at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.

Dijon Vinaigrette Dressing

Ingredients

3 tbsp red wine vinegar
    3 tbsp lemon juice (fresh is best but I use concentrated most of the time)
    3 tbsp Dijon mustard
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    1/4 tsp sea salt
    1/4 tsp black pepper
    6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
    Instructions

In a glass mason jar (or a medium Tupperware bowl works fine as well) combine all the ingredients.
    Place lid and shake until it’s mixed. If you’re using a bowl, just whisk it for a few seconds.
    Store in the fridge, covered and take out 30 minutes prior to serving so it softens a bit. Or, if you forget to do that (like I always do), zap it in the microwave for 5 seconds.

Thank you!!!
  • dawne000
    dawne000 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    The Balsamic Vinaigrette and Dijon Vinaigrette are delicious! (I also use them to add flavor to my chicken - The Basalmic V is fantastic drizzled over chicken, brown rice and steamed broccoli.)
  • rollingthunder_80
    rollingthunder_80 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Any ideas that relate to this post regarding better dressing. I work around 50-60 hours a week. Don't really have time to blend my own dressing what other options are there? How much is this 21 say fix stuff?? Thanks
  • fatjon73
    fatjon73 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    can you not get cheap low fat already made vinaigrette ?? if you don't have time......This is for Rolling....or the OP if this is cheaper than making the 21 day things.....a bottle a week / month will soon get you a little selection in the fridge....in UK I can buy Paul Newman's vinaigrette for £1...this will last for at least 10 salads....so goes far.....might be a good starty for OP if you cant afford to buy the oils and other bits.....Olive oil can be expensive for good quality ones....and they are usually worth the difference......but nowt wrong with bought ones at all....and you don't have to make them...lol

OP...The simple ones a normally the best...and are the cheapest.....buy the best olive oil / balsamic vinegar / soy sauce you can afford....bottles of lemon juice you put in the fridge are good for ease and cheap....you don't need to cut a lemon up and maybe waste the bit you don't use.....usually its about 3 parts oil to 1 lemon / vinegar....then add black pepper / chilli flakes / garlic....try a variety of these combo's to get the ones you like.......soy is great on its own added to rice and veg...... or add garlic and chilli to it for a Chinese style dip / sauce.....

If your flush one week.....buy 2 bottles of cheapish olive oil.....put garlic cloves in one....and chilli in the other...put it in a cupboard and leave it for a month....you will then have some lovely flavoured oils to use too....
  • indigojade2003
    Options
    For the 21 day fix you are changing your lifestyle to eating clean. Very few store bought dressings could be considered clean, hence the recipes with the program. I too am searching for cheaper easier alternatives. I'm not to fond of the taste of the couple I've made but I still have a couple more to try.
    Putting the garlic in the red wine vinegar sounds amazing so I'm definitely going to try that!!
  • fatjon73
    fatjon73 Posts: 379 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    OK...I true I am uneducated about "clean eating"......my limited understanding is to eat the right types of food.....nor fruit / veg / seeds and nuts etc....less of the fatty processed foods etc.....

I have a ingredients list from a popular Vinaigarette in the UK for French dressing.......it has all natural stuff in...no E numbers or preservatives etc (don't need it as made with Vinegar)......from a clean eating stand what is wrong with this dressing.....(for my knowledge...I am not trying to being argumentative...)

gzame08b3vn5.png

For me the one thing I don't like in this is the cornflower........presume its there to thicken it a little......

This costs £1.50 per bottle........with 17 servings in it (I don't use loads on my salad...so would last me longer...) but using there serving size...this will give you 17 servings at less than 9p a serving......1 or 2 bottles a month to keep you stocked up........if your living week to week this is cheaper than buying all the ingredients in one go....

The bought ones was more aimed at rollingthunder that I presumed was not eating clean by her post.......and as she has no time to make some....

For the OP I was trying to advocate simple is best.......try a few bits together...find what you like....and modify from there........before you buy all the many different ingredients......

To go out and buy all the ingredients to make some vinaigrettes from scratch can be very expensive to lay out in one go at the start.....yes they will last for a long time....longer than the bought ones etc......but if your on a budget...then the bought ones can work also.....as they are in a budget you can live to week by week / month by month...rather than bulk buying things.....If you choose carefully by ingredient studying then some of the dressing available are great to use and they already taste good..........

• mayers86
    mayers86 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    So I am poor but trying and to eat healthy (I'm sure I am not the only one who knows this can be a difficult task at times) and I am going to attempt the 21day fix meal plan (I found guides online so I do not have to buy the pricey plan even though I am a BB coach I cannot afford it). I looked around online and most of the "21 day fix salad dressings" require so many ingredients! Do any of you have any that are easier/cheaper to make?
    Thanks in Advance :)
    Any ideas that relate to this post regarding better dressing. I work around 50-60 hours a week. Don't really have time to blend my own dressing what other options are there? How much is this 21 say fix stuff?? Thanks

• lababy2
    lababy2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just use spices, vinegar, lemon, or lime and some sweetner to taste
  • mtpage04
    mtpage04 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    A ranch dressing packet, non fat greek yogurt and skim milk. Inexpensive, low fat, high protein and tasty.
  • jenna2705
    jenna2705 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Two easy and cheap options, what i est every day basically, as in Spain store bought dressing is less common:

1. Extra virgin olive oil (i would not lower the quality), balsamic vinegar (not vinegarette), a little bit of salt (i use thicker grain sea saltbut table salt will do). All poured directly onto salad.

2. Honey, a good brand of mustard (not the cheap kind for hot dogs), a little extra virgin olive oil if desired. Mix in a cup and add to salad. Add salt as needed.