1st day-p90x--help

Options
omg, today was my 1st day doing the p90x. i couldnt go pass 6 push up without dropping. i didnt want to over do it and i definately dont want to quite, but with the little bit i did, i felt like crying my abs into shape. :( on the ab ripper, i was only able to do the first 5 mins before my leg experience the chills.. i feel like i should be a lil bit more fit for this.

Replies

• thektturner
    thektturner Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    When I started I couldn't do more than 1/2 their reps on anything. Now I go through the Ab Ripper series faster than they do and I do all the reps. I'm on week 7. If you stick with it, you will notice a difference over time.
  • Kelblue1
    Kelblue1 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I too could only do maybe half when I had started. I could definately tell a big difference around week 3. Stick with it don't get discouraged. Just do what you can. Don't push to hard where you hurt yourself though either! You will do great!
  • AwkwardPumpkin
    AwkwardPumpkin Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Just keep working on it. Yesterday I started the p90x yoga x, before I start the program I am working through all the routines. I could only get through 36 minutes without having to stop, today I did 40. So it's little steps at a time.
  • mariabee
    mariabee Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I can't comment for everyone, but we all have to start somewhere. I started out very slowly too, so just keep going, you'll be knocking it out of the park before you know it.
    omg, today was my 1st day doing the p90x. i couldnt go pass 6 push up without dropping. i didnt want to over do it and i definately dont want to quite, but with the little bit i did, i felt like crying my abs into shape. :( on the ab ripper, i was only able to do the first 5 mins before my leg experience the chills.. i feel like i should be a lil bit more fit for this.
  • Jovannyr
    Jovannyr Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    okay, lil sis, so 1 down and just 89 more to go...:laugh: ...jokes aside, im proud of you sis for even trying...:drinker:
    Love ya...we can do this..!
  • sheets03
    sheets03 Posts: 18
    Options
    You are experiencing what everyone does for the first time with P90X. People pick up this set and do it for a reason, and its not because they are in shape. Keep it up, it will pay off and eventually you will be able to do more.
  • weemsr
    weemsr Posts: 8
    Options
    P90X was a nightmare for about the first week and a half for me. But you wouldn't have tried it, nor would be doing it now if you weren't up o the challenge. Go at your pace, and KEEP FORM. If you try and speed through it, you will not keep good form and it will have all been for nothing. You will see your endurance EXPLODE if you stick with it. Soon, you'll be throwing cars at people!

PUSH! KEEP GOING! YOU CAN DO IT! :)
  • rhonda1981
    rhonda1981 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have never done p90x before but I have been out of shape before. Just keep at it you will get better as time goes by.
  • Angel1029
    Angel1029 Posts: 459
    Options
    When I first did P90X I could hardly do any of it as well. As I kept doing it I got better, so keep doing it and don't give up.
  • mbeach1977
    mbeach1977 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    You can do it, just do what you can and do more each time. It gets better, I promise!! After my first day I couldn't even wash my hair! My arms hurt soooo bad!
  • yessi03
    yessi03 Posts: 6
    Options
    Yes, girl i agree with jovanny. we are going to make it. this is just another hill you have to climb. the first was when you began this new transformation. You began to get it down pack, have lost 30lbs. now you going to push through the p90x and make it to the other side of the hill. we cant give up, i got your back just as you have ours.
  • ewingfox
    ewingfox Posts: 1
    Options
    I personally do not recommend that program. I am not saying that it isn't a valid training tool, but to sell it as a way for "anyone" to get ripped, I think that it ignores the significant emotional and physical stresses that such an aggressive program has on an individual. An accelerated, aggressive program such as p90-x is most effective in a live training environment. I have participated in such activities prior to suffering a permanent disability, and found great success through the individual, personalized and considerate coaching I received throughout a 18 hour a week training schedule. However, I have seen too many people burn out on p90-x in their living rooms when they showed great desire, aptitude and promise. To those of you who have found success in the program, congratulations.... but for people considering the program, take a step back and talk to someone who has long term training experience about a realistic training schedule that can bring real success. And for you who may think that I am suggesting that the hard work isn't worth it, I have spent the last two years learning to walk again, and just finished 60 minutes of hard cardio at a dead run.

Pain is a real part of serious training, but I believe that p90-x sells the notion that pain is training. As someone who lives with chronic, extreme pain and trains through it every day, I reject this approach.

*** edit *** I'm not trying to be a downer... if your motivated, keep it up just know the difference between training pain and injury, and if you don't know the difference, lean on your friends here to learn what it is. I'm sure trashing the latest and greatest training craze will not earn me many friends here, I just wanted to point out that it isn't the only way to health and strength. ****edit*****
  • lachelita
    lachelita Posts: 5
    Options
    i want to thank everyone for there support. i completed day 2 and honestly it was a little better than day one (minus the soreness), however, i was able to complete at least a 90 percent of it. day 2 has motivated me even more so i'm really looking forward for tomorrow. (oh lordy lord) . i cant help but stress this website to all those who question my weight loss so far. this is be by far the best support team ever. once again. thank you all so much.