I am looking for some new ideas

Options
fightingwombats
fightingwombats Posts: 14 Member
I am looking for some high protein and healthy carb recipes. If you have any that you love please share! Preferable quick ones for a mom on the go!

Replies

• sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tonihunter945
    tonihunter945 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I would like a good recipe for good baked fried chicken
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
  • dawnsandusky1
    dawnsandusky1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    i have a terrific oven fried chicken !! ½ cup skim milk
    1 Tbsp hot sauce
    1 ½ cups cornflakes, crushed
    2 tsp black pepper
    1 tsp salt
    1 tsp smoked paprika
    4 — 4 oz boneless skinless chicken breasts cutlets, thinly sliced
    Instructions

1.Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a food processor, add 1 cup of cornflakes, black pepper, salt and paprika. Process until mixture is a crumb-like consistency.
    2.Pour into a shallow bowl (I used a cake pan). Somewhat crush the remaining ½ cup of cornflakes by hand in a Ziploc® bag. Add it to the bowl. Set aside.
    3.In a separate shallow bowl, mix skim milk and hot sauce together.
    4.Between 2 pieces of waxed paper, place each chicken cutlets and gently pound with a tenderizing mallet (or rolling pin) until about ½ inch thick. Cut into 2-inch pieces (about 3 pieces per cutlet).
    5.Dredge pieces of chicken in milk mixture and then immediately into the cornflake mixture.
    6.Arrange the chicken pieces in a single layer on a nonstick baking sheet.
    7.Bake for 15 minutes at 400 degrees, then lower the oven temperature to 350 degrees and cook for another 15–20 minutes, or until cooked through and crispy.
    Nutrition Information

Per Serving (3 pieces):

Calories: 205

Fat: 4g

Carbohydrates: 14g

Fiber: 0g

Protein: 27g

• dawnsandusky1
    dawnsandusky1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    you should join skinnymom.com it is awesome for recipes
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I made all of Dr. Oz's Total 10 Protein Bowls. I loved all of them except the Mexican one. It was just okay. doctoroz.com/recipe-collection/total-10-protein-bowls
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I would like a good recipe for good baked fried chicken

I use boneless skinless chicken thighs, but this can work for breasts also if they're pounded to an even thickness.

Sprinkle liberally with a seasoning mix like Weber's Kickin' Chicken. Roll the chicken up (this is super easy with thighs, they sort of roll themselves). Sprinkle very lightly with a half and half mix of flour and cornstarch just on the outside of the rolled chicken, mainly on the top.

Preheat oven to 400 F and heat a skillet with a lid to medium-high. When it's all hot, put the chicken in the pan, flour side down, and leave for a few minutes until the flour/cornstarch/spice mixture gets nicely browned. Flip the chicken and put the lid on and stick the pan in the oven for about 20 minutes or so (depending on the size of the pieces) until cooked through. Take off the lid for the last few minutes.

If you use thighs, you also don't have to watch the timing as much, since they won't dry out. With breasts, make sure you check the temp/doneness at around 15 minutes and keep checking every few minutes and remove pieces as they get done so they don't get dry.
  • fightingwombats
    fightingwombats Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    dklibert wrote: »
    I made all of Dr. Oz's Total 10 Protein Bowls. I loved all of them except the Mexican one. It was just okay. doctoroz.com/recipe-collection/total-10-protein-bowls

Thanks for this! They look great.
  • kchezelle
    kchezelle Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Banana pancakes using only 2 eggs and a banana!
    jmm81ezsyq9r.jpg