quick easy meals?

Options
So, I am a very busy person, always on the go. But I want to eat healthy at the same time! What are some meals that I can make in 20 minutes or less? Mainly breakfast , lunch and dinner ideas would be great!

Replies

• fightingwombats
    fightingwombats Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Some breakfast ideas:
    Protein pancakes
    -1/3 cup oat bran
    -half scoop of protein powder
    -3 egg whites
    -1 TBSP milk

That's the base, you can add different flavors. I love mashing in a banana, or eating the pancake with peanut butter.

If you like quinoa you can make an omelette with 3-4 egg whites, and spinach then add about a half cup of quinoa.

Or make a fruit quinoa bowl. A cup of quinoa, and some chopped fruit, like strawberries, pineapple and banana.
  • fightingwombats
    fightingwombats Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    If you get a slow-cooker you can throw things in and come back to a meal, plus left overs to freeze.
  • misscaligreen
    misscaligreen Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Flat Bread pizzas! Buffalo chicken, spicy bbq chicken, veggie... the options are practically limitless!
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Cook a whole chicken at the beginning of the week. You can even do this in a crock pot so you can do it when you are not home. Or cook a large orast, ham, turkey or other large cut of meat.
    Pull the meat of of the bones and portion it into ziplock baggies.
    Also cook off a pot of brown rice, pearl barley, couscous etc. Portion into ziplocks
    Cook off some peas, beans or lentils and portion.

Throw all of this into the freezer and pull out as needed to reheat. Add fresh veggies and you are good to go.
  • pitchf0rk
    pitchf0rk Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I always love scrambled eggs with any vegetable I find in the fridge. Mostly that would be spring onions, zucchini, bell peppers and tomatoes. But it works with all different kind of veggies. I usually eat it for dinner, as here in Liechtenstein (Europe) we usually don't eat warm things for breakfast. But I know in many countries scrambeld eggs is more of a breakfast thing.
  • hikarizx
    hikarizx Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Also interested in this. :)
  • kchezelle
    kchezelle Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    2 ingredient pancakes! 2 eggs and a banana
    https://kchezelle.wordpress.com/2015/03/06/eggs-banana-pancakes/
    pvuyyiuw4dkm.jpg