I don't want to quit this time!

Options
I'm usually a recluse on these sites - I keep to myself and "get stuff done". However, it hasn't been working, because I can't seem to stay motivated. I start and stop this weight loss journey so often, it's just getting a little depressing. For me to be saying that at only 23 is also depressing.
I have a really stubborn streak in me, and my love of junk food (chocolate... doritos... etc) runs deep. I can't see myself ever being one of the super dieters; I'd quit that too easily. I need support from people that aren't afraid to guilt me into staying on this journey. If you're like me, please add me, and I'll try to do the same for you.
I'm at my highest weight ever right now, 211 lbs, and I want to be at a healthy weight (for my height, around 160 lbs).
Let's put down the Easter candy and pick up our water bottles - FOR GOOD. I'm so sick of being obese (and still don't quite agree with that label).

Replies

• acedivina
    acedivina Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Same here!!! Completely understand!
  • lbedilion
    lbedilion Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Same here, I'm totally lacking in motivation. Need some encouragement!
  • brittjrogg
    brittjrogg Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    We can get this done girls!!! Take it day by day and even meal to meal sometimes. Coming on here and having a good set of friends has really helped me lose some weight. I'm only down 9.2 pounds but it's better than gaining! When I see my friends posting their workouts, dairies, and even their posts of motivation it helps me push that much more!
  • sugakane78
    sugakane78 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi, I need to add you! I'm never intending on being a super fit person but 100 pounds down would be nice!
  • Ljoon02
    Ljoon02 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    brittjrogg wrote: »
    We can get this done girls!!! Take it day by day and even meal to meal sometimes. Coming on here and having a good set of friends has really helped me lose some weight. I'm only down 9.2 pounds but it's better than gaining! When I see my friends posting their workouts, dairies, and even their posts of motivation it helps me push that much more!
    I'm with you on that! Support, motivation and accountability can help keep us girls on track! Focus on one day at a time! We can do this!
  • KorbyPerez
    Options
    You can totally do this. This time you will reach your goal without a doubt. Get that in your head. Nothing can stop you. Nothing can stop you!
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    My biggest advice is to find something that's sustainable for you. I've been trying to lose weight for a few years and I'm 45lbs down now and I have found that the best thing I ever did was to stop doing things that I hated because I thought they would make me lose weight faster.
    I, too, have a love for "junk" food and I keep it in check by weighing out single-portions of these foods and making room for them each day. Likewise, I don't eat "healthy" foods that I don't like. Life is too short to do that!
    As for exercise, I'm a super lazy person but once I started working out, it all just clicked. I suddenly love doing some workouts like running whereas I never thought I would before. Just keep trying things until you find the one that fits. :smile:
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    If you have a really stubborn streak, then why not use it to cling onto the idea you will lose weight and do what it takes? I use stubbornness and determination to really go after my exercise and use it to assist with the weight loss. Not about being a super dieter I eat candy and chips every day, but the sooner you get on with things and stay the course then the sooner you get to target. Commit, then focus.
  • ashliejoy
    ashliejoy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You are all awesome. ☺️